Honored Contributor

I don't have a Q Card and don't plan on getting one. My issue is the confusion of different benefits of having the card each time it's mentioned.

Sometimes it's 5 easy pays or maybe 6 easy pays. Depending on when you sign up, you could get $30-$50 credit to your Q account. 

If (big IF), I decided to get this card at $30 credit, wouldn't I feel foolish if the next day I could have received $20 more?

Respected Contributor

I signed up for the Q card two years ago because they were offering a $75 credit.  I used it for the first purchase and then again to use the $75.  I haven't used it since.  I don't use easy pay so from my point of view there is no benefit of having the card.  I am never sent "coupons" because I have the card, or given free shipping if I use the card, so I don't use it.  I'd rather use my credit card that gives me points.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus  - I got the card a year ago and received the 40.00 credit.  I take advantage of EP - so in the event I have to return something,  there's only a small refund I'm waiting on.

I like that my Q purchases are not mixed in with another credit card and I pay my balance off each month.

(Another advantage - you can get 9 to 12 months interest free financing on larger purchases)

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal   I see your point. I never make big purchases on Q like electronics or mattresses, etc. I prefer to purchase those things locally in case I have issues. 

My Visa offers cash back on money spent, so I'll stay with that. 

Frequent Contributor

Ditto!

Trusted Contributor

Got my Q card before they started with monetary offers, boo.  Other than easy-pay it really does not offer any benefits and the interest rate is very high should you not pay the balance due each month.  I no longer use it, prefer to use my cc that gives benefits with points.

Respected Contributor

I got mine many years ago when they were offering a $30 credit off the dooney TSV, which was worth it to me.   I had to fight for it, after the fact, though, which was very frustrating.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

Got mine maybe 25 yrs ago. No benefits!

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Honored Contributor

I would get mixed up with Synchrony Bank, which administers the Q Card, for all the tea in China.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@Shanus  - I got the card a year ago and received the 40.00 credit.  I take advantage of EP - so in the event I have to return something,  there's only a small refund I'm waiting on.

I like that my Q purchases are not mixed in with another credit card and I pay my balance off each month.

(Another advantage - you can get 9 to 12 months interest free financing on larger purchases)

Almost the same story here, but I like the fact that if I happen to have a big month of shopping, as long as I pay attention to my orders and know the minimum amount due to cover my Easy Pays, I don't have to pay off the whole balance and still pay $0 in interest. I'm sure Synchrony Bank is not a fan of my careful spending habits; they haven't gotten a single dime extra from me in the three years I've had my Q Card.  Smiley Happy