What's up with Leah Williams lately, continuing to wear handbag when presenting other items?  Recently mentioned jumpsuit  she had on comming up, unable to get a good look as Riveter handbag on, now today mention top she has on, presented breezie bra, now  Peace, love, World top, still got the bag on?  No other host do that!  Put bag aside until you do another presentation!

Honored Contributor

I seen many other hosts do this.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

@Ranata wrote:

What's up with Leah Williams lately, continuing to wear handbag when presenting other items?  Recently mentioned jumpsuit  she had on comming up, unable to get a good look as Riveter handbag on, now today mention top she has on, presented breezie bra, now  Peace, love, World top, still got the bag on?  No other host do that!  Put bag aside until you do another presentation!

If a purse is in the line up during a segment, then the hosts are made to carry one. Leah is not the only one.

Honored Contributor

Re: Put The Bag Up!

[ Edited ]

@Ranata 
I have to say that bothers me too!

I completely understand still wearing the bag if it's the TSV, and they want to continually show how it goes with different outfits.  However, just flip it around if you are now presenting a dress, jumpsuit, top, etc.  I've seen other hosts flip the bag to the back so the clothing item can actually be seen.  I've also seen other hosts take the bag off momentarily, which makes the most sense to me.  For example, item #A398789 was a cropped topper shown on the R. Riveter TSV day. 

It's the same way I feel about presenting a top, but wearing a denim jacket over it, and saying how nice the "outfit" looks.  If I cannot see the top,  I'm not buying it.

Trusted Contributor

If you've been watching QVC as long as many of us here have, you've seen these trends come and go.  Wearing the bag during the entire show is the rage now, but I find it distracting.  It's the same when they're selling an outerwear jacket that you'd never wear indoors.  Take it off.  Leave it on a hanger in the background if you want viewers to see it, but gee, you don't have to have it wrapped around you for the entire hour. 

I often wondered what the conversations are like behind the scenes when the producers meet with the hosts to tell them how they're going to pitch a product.  Do the  veteran hosts ever tell them they're cray, cray?  LOL.

Honored Contributor

I don't like that huge bag hanging front as Leah is showing it, but I also don't care for the top.  Maybe she's trying to hide it?  Really don't get her whole look today- not Leah's usual sophistication.

Esteemed Contributor

And yet I frequently see posts asking what top, shoes, etc a host was wearing while presenting something else.

Maybe they're simply responding to that.

Honored Contributor

The hosts do what they are told to do.  

Super Contributor

Leah drives me nuts in more ways these days....she constantly fumbles products when handling, stutters during presentations......I just had to stop watching and go to the website.  

Honored Contributor

Leah's one of my favorite hosts---she's always pleasant and well prepared.....  Ive seen plenty of other hosts "wear the bag" .... I think this just another one of QVC's sales gimmicks that the Producers have the host do to present an entire outfit to the viewer in the hopes they will buy "the total look"...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”