Esteemed Contributor

I've lived all over the U.S., and have enjoyed all regional accents. However, there is a huge difference between regional accents and poor grammar and writing. 

Honored Contributor

@febe1 You are correct. Just read a few posts and you will be able to read poor grammar.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Honored Contributor

@dollgal wrote:

I agree with the OP. I hate it when people drop their t’s and pronounce cotten as couin or button as bouin. They don’t need to pronounce with a hard T sound but to forgo the T altogether sounds uneducated. Ok everyone, pile on.

The Brits have a way of saying button-it's like 'buddon'. Is that what you mean?

Respected Contributor

@turtle52 did you ever stop and think this particular host can't pronounce her l's?I believe one time she spoke about this issue with herself

Occasional Contributor

they could benefit from an elocution teacher--all of them!

Honored Contributor

@Againin That is so 80's. We should enjoy the diff pronunctions and not mock those that say things a little differently.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I find it interesting the different ways words are pronounced depending on where you live. I was recently in S. Carolina and was taken aback with how a tour guide and other people in the area pronounced pecan. In my neck of the woods--the Midwest--we pronounce it "pe-cahn". It was funny as the tour guide said he gets a lot of confused reactions when he says "pe-CAN" but that it's actually the correct way to say it.

Super Contributor

My complaint exactly!

Respected Contributor

@KKJ I live in Philly and I say peCAN

Respected Contributor

I can't even listen to some of them anymore. I just look online..love that mute setting!