Trusted Contributor

I was sorry to see, on item A378020 Bernini Sunwear Sunwrap with UPF Protection, a series of reviews from a promotional site. It's not easy to believe or trust reviews on any website, but before this, I thought Q was setting a higher bar. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Promotional Reviews?

[ Edited ]

In all my years shopping with QVC I had never seen this. I don't know when these type of reviews were allowed but I have noticed these type of reviews uploaded within genuine Qvc customer reviews in the past year. Although I still shop here it is not with the same enthusiasm and trust.

Super Contributor

In other words, these promotional reviews were given in exchange for monetary reward.

Honored Contributor

@lil spot That's what I would assume.

Haven't read any reviews for a few months now because I'm not buying, but I do know I've seen that message on other websites --   was it Amazon???   Can't say for sure.

Respected Contributor
The company doesn’t necessarily pay for a review. Promotional reviews are often because a company gives the product to consumers in exchange for a review. They basically say “ here try this widget, keep the widget, and then tell this website what you think about this widget”.
Honored Contributor

Re: Promotional Reviews?

[ Edited ]

it's stated clearly on the review I don't have an issue with that.

there is no deceit

Valued Contributor
I would never say Q us setting a higher bar for reviews. You don’t have even have to buy the item to review it.

It ends up with a bunch of low irrelevant ratings of people complaining about something.

This is hideous. I’d never buy it.

Should come in tall/petite.

Why no *color*?

Honored Contributor

Let's say I love makeup.  I love free makeup, the more the better.  I know I can keep this stream of free stuff coming by saying positive things. Do you think I'm going to knock something?  This is exactly why I don't bother with influencer blogs. 

Honored Contributor

Most companies use a third party vendor to review and post reviews.  As such, you'll see notes like promotional review or reviewed on XXXX (website).  I'm at the point of googling reviews before I buy certain kinds of products because what is shown on one website may be totally different than another.  

Contributor

Well, such promotional reviews almost always are given in exchange for different rewards from those, who promote them. It's basics of any commercial system.