Honored Contributor

Re: Product reviews that complain about shipping

Shipping and handling is a separate issue; the quality of the product and any info from the seller is what counts. I have had alot of shipping issues with the things I ordered the last few months.  First off--READ the shipping policies----if it says delays due to whatever, shipping may be longer and if you don't hear about the shipping, it's time to get a hold of the seller and ask them to check--actually did this with a couple things and each seller had no idea the item was held up so long--I asked them to investigate and they did and  I was given the info they got. All were very nice and one even refunded me my shipping cost for the trouble. they got 5 star ratings from me.

Respected Contributor

HSN at least won't let you post a review if you haven't purchased it. I have tried to review an item that the product number changed and was denied posting a review.

Super Contributor

I often see people giving low ratings on products when their real issue is with something that has nothing to do with the product itself, not only here but other online sites. I don't think that is fair. Shipping and other issues that have nothing to do with the actual product itself should be taken up somewhere else.

Trusted Contributor

HSN cherry picks their reviews.....if they don't approve your negative review, they willl not post it.....there is always more positive reviews than negative at HSN....makes me question why they even have reviews

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

There is also the issue of low reviews, for an item, that aren't justified, because clearly, the reviewer had unrealistic ecpxpectations, or didn't really have good knowledge, of what they were buying.  

A while back,I read a review of a 14k chain.  The reviewer gave a very low rating, because, she had paid, just over $100 for the item, and it was very fine.  

I understand being disappointed, but, yes, with the price of gold, even a 16", 14k chain, is going to be fine,at that price point.  

A low rating isn't justified,because gold is expensive.  

Respected Contributor

I especially get irritated with the reviews from people who haven't even purchased the item.  Usually they say it is because of the cost.  The cost of an item not even purchased is not a review.  One of the questions is "have you purchased the item?"  i don't understand why QVC even posts those reviews if the answer is No.