Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Pricing 😡

Has anyone else noticed that the brands are changing and they are offering much more expensive brands?  I went online to see the items recently on air and I saw a hooded sweatshirt by Rachel Hollis for $99.00.......not sure whoRachel Hollis but on my opinion NO sweatshirt is worth $99.00

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Pricing 😡

@DEgirl2  I saw a few minutes of that show too.  Definitely not for me and not at that price.  On another thread it was mentioned that she is "a big seller/ big deal" on QVC now.  First time I saw her.  Her clothing line is definitely not for me.  I notice most tops are $40.+ now in most lines.  I don't work now so don't need to pay that for clothing.  I shop at a  dept. store that has great sales and free shipping.  To me a lot of QVC's "loungewear" type clothing is too pricey also.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I dont watch fashion but when I change the channel, sometimes I stop and look for a few minutes. There is no way I would ever pay that much for any sweatshirt! When I see the high costs of clothing on the shopping networks I always wonder why anyone buys that stuff lol.  I would rather go into a store and pay less and no shipping! .Cat Very Happy

****************************************************************************************************
"Life may not be the party we hoped for... but while we're here we may as well dance.” by Jeanne C. Stein
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Yes, I’ve noticed and I’ve been complaining and I haven’t been buying and rarely watching.  Like y’all I was channel surfing this morning and saw a couple of the new brands and my mind is blown some more. $124 shirt?!?! $70 leggings — good grief.

Who is buying this? Even if I had money to burn I wouldn’t spend it there it just didn’t look that special. But, that’s just me...

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I agree with you, prices are way too high I can go to the mall and buy something for half the cost that I will wear for one season, mainly because I get bored with it and want something new the next season. There are a few items that I might keep and use over and over but a lot of times I personally change my style up a little bit each year with the going style.   Not going to pay $70 for a blouse. Even the tried and true Denim and  is going up although I still like most of their things. I guess they are selling things that people can  afford or else just be in debt. 

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I so agree. The tops are just getting too expensive. First it was the handbags and than the shoes and now the tops. Soon I will not be buying anything from them.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Did you see that Mini Backpack last night for $85??? Crazy! I was flipping by tv channels and saw that.Cat Frustrated

Highlighted
Super Contributor

I saw that back pa k a few weeks ago and commented on the outrageous price then. I was in need for one for traveling and went to Kohl's and with a 30% coupon and sale got a full size one for 32.00.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

A lot of people complaining here about the sales personnel being so much more hyper and annoying.  Well, how would you like your job to be convincing shoppers that the items you're pushing are something special?  Designer quality.  LOL!  Whatever the heck that means.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DEgirl2    If it’s true that they’re now trying to snag the 25-50 yr. old women, they’re still working, have the money to spend and maybe are status conscious. To be able to tell their friend they spent $100 for a sweatshirt may make them feel like a big shot. In my eyes, it’s not getting a bargain for a similar item.