Occasional Contributor

Pricing and clearance pricing

I 've noticed that pricing keeps going up. I understand that all these designers have overhead to pay but $60.00  - $75.00 a top is getting ridiculous. All the designers have specials on their clothing but they could reduce them more than $5 .00. There's no reason that I can think of that the clothing should be this expensive with the volume that's sold by them. They need to reduce the pricing. By the time they have their items on clearance sizes are sold out. They could increase sales by reducing the pricing on everything. WIN WIN

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Pricing and clearance pricing

[ Edited ]

Unfortunately will not happen. Watching the Business channel, heard that retail sales of clothes is at a high demand  .

Honored Contributor

@Crystal61 

You should check the lunchtime specials

I just bought two Tolani tops for less than the original price for one.

Original price:  $61.50

Lunchtime special price:  $17.90

Honored Contributor

@Crystal61    Most tops sold on QVC average around $50., some less.  It is unusual to see one for $75., or more. 

The pandemic has caused huge additional expense to everyone in the production and transportation chain.  You know who's going to ultimately pay for it.  Grocery prices are also soaring and gas prices are up. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I used to check LTS every day when there were 30 or 40 items listed.  Now with hundreds listed, I find it tedious to scroll through it.  I tried "newest items" but the SOSO kept coming up.  Too bad.

Trusted Contributor

I was just thinking today about how tedious it is to go through the Lunch specials and see the same things over and over. Many times the sizes are xxs only. You are right--if they would reduce the prices sooner, they would sell more. I stopped buying shoes because the size I would normally take, don't always fit and it is then the original price to ship and another $6.95 to return, so I gave up. And I don't look at clothing much anymore since I don't go anywhere. 

Wish those TSVs weren't an hour long several times a day. Makes me watch less often which leads to less sales, too.

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 

I "filter" by brand and size, and then sort by low to high price. I set a $25 price limit on sale items.

Today, for instance .... after applyng all the filters, I only had 23 items left vs. the total lunchtime specials list of 190

Esteemed Contributor

@Crystal61 wrote:

I 've noticed that pricing keeps going up. I understand that all these designers have overhead to pay but $60.00  - $75.00 a top is getting ridiculous. All the designers have specials on their clothing but they could reduce them more than $5 .00. There's no reason that I can think of that the clothing should be this expensive with the volume that's sold by them. They need to reduce the pricing. By the time they have their items on clearance sizes are sold out. They could increase sales by reducing the pricing on everything. WIN WIN

I bought 8 tops at a local store yesterday and paid $90.00.  Your shopping at the wrong place. 

Esteemed Contributor

I agree.....was thinking the same thing the other day...a top was $69 .....and the majority of tops are between $50 and $70 these days before shipping/tax...and all the vendors have risen the prices.....too many times a return may be necessary and there are no "real" sales and the few designers they have come out with the SAME style fashions........so all that in consideration my fashion purchases are getting rare these days.

Respected Contributor

Get used to it. When the government prints money like it has been doing inflation is not far behind.