Occasional Contributor

Re: Prices are getting too high on QVC and now buying less from them

I agree, they have really inched up the prices and to appease, they offer lots of easy pay.

The prices are up, quality down on clothing!

Frequent Contributor

@JerseyJwrote:

They made a big mistake starting with the GILI products in particular - that started with Lisa Robertson who was a part of that team....I would never buy a $200+ handbag or any of those leather dresses ????....I think the reason they are on so often is that they cannot get rid of them!....ORyAny is another- wish they would not waste 3 hour blocks on very expensive bags....the prices on some of the clothing have also gone way up - I took a good look at an designer tee shirt being presented and it's EXACTLY like several I've purchased at K Mart for 1/3 the price - I am limiting the number of purchases at QVC for clothing and shoes to very few

@JerseyJ I agree.  The GILI shows make me laugh out loud.  The items they show are not unique and most a irrelevant to those of us with an everyday lifestyle.  IMO the items they show are dated.  Earlier this week they showed a cropped, faux leather jacket.  I had one like that about 20 years ago.  Maybe I was just ahead of my time. Ha, ha, ha!!

Esteemed Contributor

It is not the prices that bother me as the shipping and handling and the long wait for the item to be sent out and the wait to receive it. Woman Frustrated

Trusted Contributor

I also agree with you that the prices of fashion, cosmetics, shoes have all gone up.  Perhaps for some, a women's top (Logo for example) is $70-80.00 is affordable, but not for me. Every once in a while something new and interesting will be presented such as Martha Stewart's fashions, and I will order a top. What bothers me so much is that we have to pay shipping several times if ordering multiply pieces. I ordered three of her high low hem cotton tops and they barely weigh anything, but the shipping was ridiculous.

I am buying less and less these days.

Esteemed Contributor

I recently bought two pair of shoes that I thought would be a sure thing. Wrong! It cost me $24. to try them on. Now how many times are you going to do that?

Respected Contributor

@Mom2Dogswrote:

One reason I am not buying much from QVC these day is as of 2017 I am paying about $300.00 more per month in health care.  That increase has taken all my disposable income and some....until health care costs are brought down my shopping is pretty much done except for an actual need.

Even if I had the money I would not be  spending quite as much as I am not a fan of the current fashion styles offered on QVC...no leggins, high low hems for me.  Fit is also a huge problem and since I have to pay shipping both ways, I stop and think much more before buying.

Why are you paying so much in HealthCare ? It sounds like your employer is offering a bad / expensive plan. Have you looked at buying it on the exchange ? HealthCare should be no more than 10 percent of your gross income. With subsidies on the exchange your health care may be essentially free. I would call your local Health exchange in your state and investigate your options.

Honored Contributor

@Reever....Heath care went to $1000.00/month in 2017.  DH and I are self employed, he is on medicare and I am/was on a Medical Mutual plan thru OPERS...(DH was an employee of the State of Ohio) and that is how our health care was provided.  Once O-Care went into effect, prices went thru the roof.  It had an impact on all retiress and spouses.  The plan was top of the line, covered most everything.  We could not afford that cost every month, who could??

I did look into other plans, with a qualified agent, nothing was inexpensive, the exchange was not any better and we made to much money to qualify.  I ended up going with Medi-Share, a Christian Health Sharing program, it is not insurance.  I now pay   $301.00 month, my deductible is around $3,000.00. There are restrictions, no well care--  so my mammogram was paid out of pocket, it ran about $144.00, I can swing that every year.   Everything is out of pocket until I meet the deductible, thank goodness my health is very good.  I get a discount because my health is good...you have to qualify every year for the discount, so I need to apply again before my birthday....rates go up slightly every year in your birth month.

Trusted Contributor

@Fionnawrote:

I have been a shopper here for over 25 years and now I buy less and less. The prices are getting too high for me. I can not afford a 250.00 handbag or a 60.00 top.

More designer stuff that I cannot afford and not always the best. Colors are off and the sizes are not the same, even from the same supplier.

I wished they would go back and let us buy things that the normal customer can afford.

Yes, the prices are getting out of hand.  The shipping charges kill you!  I can't count the time the shipping on some items has made me pass.  Almost every other place gives free shipping when the total dollar amount of your items reach $35 or $50.  Those $3 and $5.50 charges can add up fast!  It's like QVC uses them as another source of income!  What they have led me to do is go check several other sites when I find something I'm interested in.  

Respected Contributor

And the brands they carry nowadays are not the best looking...  That drove me away from clothing all together.... The makeup brands are no better...   IT cosmetics are horrible....  And they show this over and over again every week...

Trusted Contributor

I haven't bought clothing in years from Q.  I refuse to pay for the privilege of trying something on and having to send it back.  I'd rather go to a store - it's much more cost effective.