Trusted Contributor

Re: Prices are getting too high on QVC and now buying less from them

[ Edited ]

I don't know how the LOGO fans can keep buying $80 layering pieces. I wish I was that rich, unless they are taking out second mortgages. Seems like some are addicted. Lori banks on that.

Super Contributor

Im shocked at the price increases across the board!  Vionic shoes now over $100, Earth Brands over $100, Fly London, close to $250!  TIgnanello used to be affordable leather, not any more, probably because it would take away a lot of sales on other very expensive bags!  There is hardly an order of 2 items that doesnt exceed $100 anymore. Im not a fan of Gili, because one dress I bought was lesser quality fabric than a D&C item.  The bags, now close to $300, leave me cold! 

Although I agree that the network has vastly improved since the new management took over, the prices are an insult to customers!  And dont even get me started on the OBI BELT!  The pressure to sell these became a huge joke!  How many did they buy for goodness sake? 

Honored Contributor

@ajw wrote:

Im shocked at the price increases across the board!  Vionic shoes now over $100, Earth Brands over $100, Fly London, close to $250!  TIgnanello used to be affordable leather, not any more, probably because it would take away a lot of sales on other very expensive bags!  There is hardly an order of 2 items that doesnt exceed $100 anymore. Im not a fan of Gili, because one dress I bought was lesser quality fabric than a D&C item.  The bags, now close to $300, leave me cold! 

Although I agree that the network has vastly improved since the new management took over, the prices are an insult to customers!  And dont even get me started on the OBI BELT!  The pressure to sell these became a huge joke!  How many did they buy for goodness sake? 

QVC doesn't set the prices for Vionics, the company who manufactures the shoes does. Same with all the other things you mentioned except QVC house brands. They wouldn't be there if they didn't sell.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Valued Contributor

Okay...I've been here at the Q since the beginning also.  Agree with almost all the statements about pricing.  Just seems like they jumped so high so quickly.  I've been doing more shopping on HSN and a little on Evine. The free shipping offers and sale pricing on HSN help decisions on purchasing.  Love that I can mark things as LOVE and get notified when product getting low OR on sale.  Q?  You listening??  What a great idea to incorporate on your website Wish List.  

Best thing about the Q lately?  These forums....for that I say THANK YOU, Q!

Frequent Contributor

I like a lot of the items I see but will not pay the full price for them.  The prices on the Logo items have become ridiculous.  If everyone would stop buying at full price management would recognize this and require lower price points.  This exact thing may be happening - where as in the past new Logo items were quick to sell out - it rarely happens anymore.  Patience ladies - don't buy overpriced items.  I've mentioned Logo but Susan Graver has also become way overpriced - and usually for synthetic fabrics.

Let's all say NO.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
Here's my two cents!🙋 Qvc International company, Qvc Customer isn't in one price bracket. LoGo may seem expense to one then great investment for another. Not everything on the Q is for everyone. Don't care for LG not my style nor price range. I have nothing but praise for Qvc. Thanks Qvc!🌷
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@22eyesblue wrote:

I like a lot of the items I see but will not pay the full price for them.  The prices on the Logo items have become ridiculous.  If everyone would stop buying at full price management would recognize this and require lower price points.  This exact thing may be happening - where as in the past new Logo items were quick to sell out - it rarely happens anymore.  Patience ladies - don't buy overpriced items.  I've mentioned Logo but Susan Graver has also become way overpriced - and usually for synthetic fabrics.

Let's all say NO.

I think Susan Graver and Lori Goldstein have a fan base that continue to buy at any price.  I am not a fan of "liquid gold" best selling fabric on QVC liquid knit (which Susan reminds us of the facts every time she presents a liquid knit fabric). And I do not find Lori Goldsteins designs flattering on me.  First of all I would sweat to death with all those layers, and all that fabric around the hips is not flattering on my 5'2" figure and i think Lori looks ridiculous in all that fabric around her hips.  I think Susan and Lori are getting very rich thanks to their followers who continue to pay what I think is way too much for what you get.  Layer a few of Loris things and you have spent over $100.  for one look - yikes!  Each to their own though; I choose to shop elsewhere for much less.

Honored Contributor

I agree with many of the posts here. I don't think QVC actually reads anything in Q Talk & if they do, the management certainly does not care enough to change it. Perhaps when a very large majority really stops purchasing from the Q instead of just talking about it, someone will sit up & take notice.

Honored Contributor

One reason I am not buying much from QVC these day is as of 2017 I am paying about $300.00 more per month in health care.  That increase has taken all my disposable income and some....until health care costs are brought down my shopping is pretty much done except for an actual need.

Even if I had the money I would not be  spending quite as much as I am not a fan of the current fashion styles offered on QVC...no leggins, high low hems for me.  Fit is also a huge problem and since I have to pay shipping both ways, I stop and think much more before buying.

Contributor

I totally agree.  Prices are getting rediculous - especially Susan Graver.  I was amazed this afternoon to see a denim top priced at over 4125 - really?  Some of the styles look like an unmade bed.  Let's get real QVC and go back to what made you famous.