Valued Contributor

Re: Prices are getting too high on QVC and now buying less from them

ITA,  Garments w/pockets is a no buy for me.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

@Fionna wrote:

I have been doing more shopping at evine too. When they first started as shopnbc they were too expensive, but in the last few years their prices have come down and I have bought several things from them.

They started as CVN.  Dan Wheeler and Mary Beth Roe were hosts there. Then they were Value Vision before they were ShopNBC and now Evine.  Whatever.

Evine didn't start as CVN.  Evine began as ValueVision in 1991.  Then they were rebranded to ShopNBC in 2000 then changed their name to ShopHQ in 2013 and then became Evine last year.

QVC was never CVN either, although a lot of people think that.  CVN,  QVC and Home Shopping Network were all in existence together with HSN being the leader.  QVC bought CVN.  QVC kept some of the hosts and let some of them go.  Colleen Lopez was a host on CVN but she was let go.  She did an interview once and said she was devastated when she lost her job with CVN.

Honored Contributor

@appleseed  I also go to that same store and I feel the quality of most of the clothing are comparable to the brands you mentioned at the Q.  I love the sales there.  I bought a cardigan sweater there recently for $3.00 on sale and it's just as nice as ones on the Q that sell for more $.  I always wonder why the Q doesn't have better sales at the end of season like other stores do.  I rarely buy fashion on QVC anymore especially with the cost of returns. 

Trusted Contributor

@newlook123 wrote:

They do promote certain lines that you can't get on the outside.  I decided to order the Honora stainless steel pearl necklace for 19.96 and it came in a beautiful cloth bag and the item was beautiful.  This was my first Honora purchase.  I think you got to carefully watch when they promote something unique and not continuously shown IMO.

---------------

I've not bought any Honora, in some time; I just don't wear that many pearls, but, QVC's prices on Honora,  were always really good.  

I have multiple pairs of their gorgeous 10mm, 14k studs. My favorite purchases from the line.  They were just about 50% less, on QVC, than on Honora's website, and locally, the studs were even a little more.  

I don't think they've offered the studs in 14k, in quite awhile; a shame!

Valued Contributor

I've been with QVC since the beginning. I almost bought something a couple of times a week.

Now, I rarely buy anything. Some of the hosts get on my nerves so badly, I have to change the channel.

The prices have gone up, and of course you have to expect that, but Denim and Co. is way overpriced these days. I can remember when I liked something a lot, I got it in every color, and those days are really gone now. I'm not paying shipping on several of the same items one at a time.

I do miss the shopping, but things have changed so much, it's not the pleasure it was before.

I still prefer the hosts that can stick to selling and not their life stories and silly  banter and antics.

That's how we roll in the shire..
Super Contributor

Oh, thank goodness...I thought I was the only finding their pricing ridiculous.

It's not that I can't afford them...it's that I don't see the value. I can go to the local malls and find better quality, REAL name brands, with ACTUAL sales prices. And I don't have to pay shipping. And if I decide to shop online, I STILL don't have to pay for shipping, as they either have free shipping, or free shipping after reaching a set dollar amount! But between the wide range of "fit" for the exact same size, added to the iffy quality...I just am not interested. Even if I like a particular look of something, I refuse to pay what they're asking for Denim & Co and Susan Graver! Years ago, things were different...but prices, quality and styles were better. 

But it apparently somebody is buying what they're selling, so nothing will change for those of us who question what they're doing.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
~ Ian Maclaren
Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am in complete agreement about the pricing levels on QVC over the past year or so.  I still buy, but I consider the purchase more intently that I used to.  Susan Graver, LOGO, Clarks...just to name a few of the lines that I formerly purchased in large quantities, but have priced themselves above my pay grade so to speak.  I find the quality and sizing issues to be very unpredictable as well. And to feign excitement over easy pay? Please.  Easy pay is NOT a sale.Inexpensive goods at ridiculous pricing. Careful QVC, or you will have to change your logo to CEC.  Cheesy Expensive Cr*p.

Honored Contributor

@cubagal wrote:

I agree 100% about the ridiculous prices.  EVERYTHING of Susan Graver's is $50 or more.  How ridiculous!!!  I don't buy their clothes or hardly anything else anymore.  Jewelry isn't even reasonable anymore.  SAD   good bye GOOD QVC, hello ridiculous QVC

I picked up a few SG sweaters on clearance. The original prices were too high for what it was, but I didn't mind paying $30.

QVC's prices are now matching department store prices, but department stores have sales way more often than QVC and their sales items aren't only clearance leftovers, which is what often goes on "sale" here.

Esteemed Contributor

In light of the OP being posted in December, 2015 at least Q, and the complaints, are consistent. 

As "they" say, the more things change the more they stay the same.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Occasional Contributor

Completely agree with you... I am a Denim and Co fan but I cannot afford it anymore.  What's happening?????