New Contributor

When I tuned in yesterday and saw the presentation of the Kindle I almost fell over from the price! I have a Kindle 3g+WiFi and bought it directly from Amazon for $189.00 total price. Free two-day shipping and no sales tax. Through QVC I would have paid $359.80! All of the accessories offered weren't very impressive either. I purchased a lighted cover for $63.98 from Amazon also and that is all you basically need unless you want a car charger that can be purchased for about $10.00. But the most irritating thing (besides David calling it a Kendle) was the misrepresentation that "most Kindle books are $9.99 and all are way cheaper than you can get regular books." True, I get tons of free or inexpensive books, but if an uninformed viewer purchases a Kindle, assuming that their books will be $9.99 tops for new bestsellers, etc. they'll be disappointed. The prices are set by the publishers and most new bestsellers are over that price. I'm just dismayed that a fantastic product should lead to disappointed customers because it was misrepresented and way overpriced.