Valued Contributor

Re: Previous IT cosmetics owner

She still CEO of the company and gets paychecks and maybe some bonuses. Maybe she bought for mom or some relatives to be close to her.

Respected Contributor

Is this the same Jamie who use to the main on air representative for IT on Q? She probably bought the homes for tax purposes and entertaining people. Good for her but will also take a bundle to maintain them!
Respected Contributor

Never mind, just answered my own question with a search.
Honored Contributor

She was lucky to have the money up front to start her business and she worked really hard to build up the business.  She was on QVC all the time and had infommercials.  Now she can sit back and enjoy life.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Good for her. But...that’s a lot of money to be dropping on real estate! Yikes.

Trusted Contributor

@kitcat51 wrote:

She's not a millionaire, she's a billionaire....Jamie sold IT for 1.2 billion & she deserves every penny for all her hard work.

No, she is a HALF billionaire.

She got half and the investment company got half.

Trusted Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

She was lucky to have the money up front to start her business and she worked really hard to build up the business.  She was on QVC all the time and had infommercials.  Now she can sit back and enjoy life.

She did not have money!  They started in her apartment - her, her husband and Jackie.  Jackie lived with them because Jamie could not afford to pay Jackie.

People need to get the facts straight!  

There are still people that think Leslie started Bare Minerals.

She didn't - but if it makes a good story, people swallow it.

Esteemed Contributor

@jezzie wrote:

Did you see Jamie Kern that once owned IT cosmetics just bought Ellen DeGeneres CA beach home for 23 million dollars.  QVC really made her a millionaire and her sale of the IT line.  WOW.

I just watched a lifetime movie and she was in a commercial for the foundation.  

Frequent Contributor

Good for her! 

Honored Contributor

@kjae wrote:

She already owns an estate close to Oprah ( they are neighbors)  in Montecito-it is a beauty.  Think she bought right after the big sale of the company.  There were photos of her visitig with Oprah.  These two areas are VERY close together so I do not understand why she would buy it.

Also-FYI she pocketed about $410 million of the 1.2 billion sale, so while that is incredible it is not as much as people think she got.  Her other Montecito home cost $35 million.

She may be purchasing for family members so they can all live near by.  I remember when J lo purchased her first big house.  She wanted a place where all her relatives could live together and never worry about where they were going to live.  I though that was so sweet.  

Jaime seems really sweet as well.  How nice to say Oprah is your neighborSmiley Happy  She worked hard started her company and living the dream  Good for her.