Valued Contributor

@Love my grandkids Yes Carolyn is the first name that comes to mind. My favorite to this day is when she suggested that you buy a 500.00 vacuum cleaner for each floor in your house. I have three floors including the cellar. NOT A CHANCE.

Trusted Contributor

@barrel racer wrote:

Anyone notice the pressure of "Buy multiples, buy several" by every host now.  It started with CourtneyK, now it's all of them.  It turns me off & yes, I do change the channel. They must be under serious pressure to sell.  Rant over.

It doesn't turn me off at all.  Why would it?  They are there to sell, that is their job.  If they are not selling they don't have a job, if no one is selling QVC is gone.  

I don't and have never felt the pressure.  I haven't bought anything since December and even then it was a small dollar amount item.  I do my homework, if i can get a better deal somewhere else.

I love watching QVC and the background noise, some shows and some hosts more than others.  None of what they say is personal or at least it should't be.

Frequent Contributor

How do you feel about the host telling us that the price is only good till the end

of the hour and then the price will go up?  Why can't they just give us a price

and be done with it!  I never act on that statement.  I think that is definitely sales

pressure and I don't like that.

Honored Contributor

@pripirt wrote:

How do you feel about the host telling us that the price is only good till the end

of the hour and then the price will go up?  Why can't they just give us a price

and be done with it!  I never act on that statement.  I think that is definitely sales

pressure and I don't like that.

@pripirt 

So many of QVC's sales hypes and gimmicks are ineffective.....but they dont seem to learn....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Who really listens to this stuff?  Pressure?  How can the tv pressure you?  Turn it off. 

Occasional Contributor

That is excatly what I did last night when JT suggested we buy 2 of of the Calista hair brush curler thing. She suggested different sizes. It was 70.00!! Really, are there people out there that can afford that? I enjoy watching QVC but sometimes I do have to turn it off. 

Respected Contributor

I used to watch the hour long shows. Now I dvr them and fast forward through everything unless something catches my eye. It has saved me money and annoyance to do that. 

Honored Contributor

The "pressure tactic" that bothers me is the new-ish policy of hurrying to buy something that's in your cart.  At one time items were safe in your cart for an hour, and was IMO a good policy.  It gave you a little time to not make an impulse purchase, which is in everyone's best interest (including the Q.)  Now they repeatedly tell you to not let something sit in your cart, and to hit the buy button immediately before it's gone.  Most websites operate this way, but back in the day, the Q did not.

Respected Contributor

@barrel racer wrote:

Anyone notice the pressure of "Buy multiples, buy several" by every host now.  It started with CourtneyK, now it's all of them.  It turns me off & yes, I do change the channel. They must be under serious pressure to sell.  Rant over.

This has been going on long before Courtney K was hired by QVC.

Respected Contributor

@MrSour wrote:

@Love my grandkids Yes Carolyn is the first name that comes to mind. My favorite to this day is when she suggested that you buy a 500.00 vacuum cleaner for each floor in your house. 

She must have copied Jane. She once said on Silver Style® that you should by a toe ring to have on each floor of your house.