Esteemed Contributor

Anyone notice the pressure of "Buy multiples, buy several" by every host now.  It started with CourtneyK, now it's all of them.  It turns me off & yes, I do change the channel. They must be under serious pressure to sell.  Rant over.

Trusted Contributor

That's their job but it doesn't work on me. I haven't made a purchase since last May. I plan to keep it hat way unless I see something I NEED. Then no easy pay. I'm done with owing on a Q card. 

Esteemed Contributor

When Q took away the buy 2 and second one will ship at half price.....it was an attractive feature to buy two......

Point 2 - when they put "sets" together  (Susan's deal) one is always plain and the other a print.  I'm fussy about prints - basically stay away from them.  I'd buy 2 plain but not a  set of their choice.

Honored Contributor

They have done variations on that for a long time, e.g. "most of you are buying more than one."  It's silly but their job is to sell, so why not.

Respected Contributor

Not new for any one at QVC. Pat has always said "buy as many as you want". Well, duh.

Respected Contributor

I think they all do it, some more than others. David does a lot too. He often says  "I'd pick up more than one of these."

Trusted Contributor

I am assuming they are under a lot of pressure from upper management to meet new target sales quotas.

If they under perform then that would be a reason for them not to have their contract renewed.  Just look at how many of the hosts lost their jobs in the last year.   

Honored Contributor

I've been watching Carolyn sell D&C for years and this has been a sale tactic since Day 1. It doesn't work on me.

Honored Contributor

How about the old "get one or two for the gift closet"?  As far as I'm concerned this is just chatter and of no consequence. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

“Buy the black and the white one and then a pop of color.” I hear that often too. I usually just buy one of a new brand or item to see how the garment fits to avoid incurring multiple none refundable “try on” fees.

My “dilemma” on ordering multiples is that because so many manufacturers have yet to get back to pre-Covid production many items have been “only order for the season.” Several items have been sold out when I tried to buy a second item in another pattern or color. I weigh the risk that the item will sell out against the risk of return costs. But putting it into perspective, this is not something I’ll lose sleep over. As they say, some folks would love to have this quandary when so many are dealing with financial and health issues.