Occasional Contributor

President's Day & NO Black Hills Gold???

No Black Hills Gold on President's Day..what's up with that???
Honored Contributor

Re: President's Day & NO Black Hills Gold???

Gold is so expensive these days, maybe they'll replace it with "Black Hills Bronze!"
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

Btw, mets fan, I'm a Mets fan too. Go Mets!
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

Hi mets fan....In Jim's last appearance it was announced that Black Hills would be online only....sadly no more shows!

I guess QVC wants more time to present the SAME vacuums, blenders, computers/tablets, It Costmetics and philosophy, beds/mattresses, Logo and Graver over and over and over and over and over again! {#emotions_dlg.mad} And in response I hardly watch and buy from QVC any more.....{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

I enjoyed the Black Hills Gold Shows and I have some very nice Black Hills Gold pieces---earrings, rings, and necklaces that I will continue to enjoy......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Hey come on, why the now Dilapidated Q is offering hour after hour of a camera... What more could you want?!

{#emotions_dlg.scared}

I wasn't a big fan of the Black Hills line, but it's just ONE MORE brand they've short shrifted so they can focus all their programming hours on the same handful of boring products... Really, they needn't wonder why some of us just aren't watching anymore...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

No more ""cool"" socks that Jim would wear....

I never bought the BH line...but I liked listening to Jim and his stories...and the jewelry was lovely...he had such a pleasant voice....

Honored Contributor

I think BHG was always quite expensive for what it was, but I enjoyed the shows and will miss it.

Contributor

I always looked forward to watching the Black Hills shows, and miss them. I also liked to see what socks Jim was wearing. Too bad they did away with the shows...

Valued Contributor

On 2/16/2015 stevieb said:

Hey come on, why the now Dilapidated Q is offering hour after hour of a camera... What more could you want?!

{#emotions_dlg.scared}

I wasn't a big fan of the Black Hills line, but it's just ONE MORE brand they've short shrifted so they can focus all their programming hours on the same handful of boring products... Really, they needn't wonder why some of us just aren't watching anymore...

I like it and have several pieces (horse or horseshoe pieces, naturally...Wink). And not just one more brand they have short shrifted, but one more AMERICAN-made brand! The writing was on the wall when the presentations were getting fewer and fewer. Kohl's offers the same brand and often at half price, and even cheaper when bundled with % off coupons.

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Honored Contributor

One thing I'm struck with and this is in NO way intended as a defense of the Q, but over the months, I've read and participated in so many threads about the many things we miss seeing... and so many times, I catch myself and others, saying that while we might enjoyed watching, we weren't often buying... Well, again, not to defend the Q or their 'cheerleaders' but I guess at some level we have to accept the reality that they aren't going to present items merely for our enjoyment, when the object is to sell... That said, it still doesn't mean they have to remain stuck in their rut of presenting the same ten brands and items over and over again, and it doesn't excuse their limiting themselves to a steady diet of computers, blenders, mattresses, vacuums, coffee pots and so on... Just something to keep in mind next time we're enjoying but not necessarily shopping.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...