Honored Contributor

I find myself not watching ANY presntations w/the newer hosts. What is wrong w/them?

I do not know. I just know I do not enjoy them and cannot watch. Back in the day I just plain liked watching and listening even if I did not purchase.Lately I do not watch or purchase.If I want something I will purchase from the internet. 

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Respected Contributor

Same for me.  I order on line.  It's not just the newer or younger hosts, some of my old favorites too.  Recently it occurred to me that maybe it is me, not them, possibly I changed as I have gotten older, or the world changed and what most people younger than me prefer to see or watch is not to my liking.

Honored Contributor

I struggle with the antics and lack of information provided about products. I'm there to shop, not be entertained. But my biggest issue is that they show the same products (or variations of) over and over and over. If I'm looking for something, I go online. But I always price shop because most things I'm looking for are less expensive elsewhere.

Esteemed Contributor

It also may be the product lineup. I do not follow any of the hosts, and I have no clue who is new or not.

It just seems that they spend an inordinate amount of time on something. And still manage not to reveal all of its qualifications!

Honored Contributor

Re: Presentations

[ Edited ]

@Group 5 minus 1  I haven't watched Q since that "new customer" deal went into action and don't miss it all. 

I agree about the newer hosts and also found the tried and true ones were speeding up presentations and leaving out important info on sizes, etc.  

I'm thinking the pressure is on to SELL and not please their audiences.

Honored Contributor

@Harpa   I agree. Shopping channels always led me to have to go online to get that info. 

Honored Contributor

@Harpa wrote:

It also may be the product lineup. I do not follow any of the hosts, and I have no clue who is new or not.

It just seems that they spend an inordinate amount of time on something. And still manage not to reveal all of its qualifications!

totally agree

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Group 5 minus 1  I haven't watched Q since that "new customer" deal went into action and don't miss it all. 

I agree about the newer hosts and also found the tried and true ones were speeding up presentations and leaving out important info on sizes, etc.  

I'm thinking the pressure is on to SELL and not please their audiences.

I used to like to have the channel on while cleaning etc but now it's just unwatchable ....

the pressure on the hosts is palpable funny thing is the more they ramp it up the less data is provided

Trusted Contributor

I agree except for the fact that I think Vanessa is wonderful.  She is so pleasant, has a great sense of humor, and explains the products well. 

I think she is doing a great job and I hope to see her on more during the daytime hours in the future.

The others are just bland and boring to me.  Steve seems sweet, but I haven't really seen him present things.  I have just watched him as Shawn's sidekick on Shawn Saves Christmas. 

Honored Contributor

@Grade1Teach wrote:

I agree except for the fact that I think Vanessa is wonderful.  She is so pleasant, has a great sense of humor, and explains the products well. 

I think she is doing a great job and I hope to see her on more during the daytime hours in the future.

The others are just bland and boring to me.  Steve seems sweet, but I haven't really seen him present things.  I have just watched him as Shawn's sidekick on Shawn Saves Christmas. 

Vanessa is good