Contributor
I purchased the Earth sandals TSV and two J Jason Wu t shirts on April 30th, and also the Kim Gravel shorts TSV on May 1. The status of all is “preparing your order” Has anyone else received this message? I just think it’s a long time to still be preparing my order.
Contributor

Re: “Preparing your order”

Happens to me almost every time, and every time I say "this is ridiculous". I have a pair of Anybody joggers like that now for the last 3 days. I guess I'm a slow learner. Grrrrrrr.

Super Contributor

Sadly this has become the new normal on orders--guessing what they're doing while "preparing" and wondering when the order actually will start on its perilous journey throughout the universe.  Seriously I've been getting this for quite a while.  Just today one of my orders went from preparing to shipped.  It is definitely frustrating. 

Contributor

Yes - shipping has been ridiculously slow. My order from Target was not only shipped for free, it also got to me in two days.

I am just wondering if my “preparing your order” will be changed to “back ordered” or “waitlist” which unfortunately has happened. I don’t mind not ending up receiving something when I originally place an order on waitlist, but when I actually place the order for items supposedly in stock, I don’t expect to be put on the “waitlist”.

I’m a slow learner as well, unfortunately.
Regular Contributor

Sorry, but that is the new norm at QVC.  Their shipping successes are sporadic. I'm still waiting on a pair of Clark's that was ordered in March. They did send me out a replacement pair, which I received. Not sure what happend to the first pair.

Respected Contributor

@DasMEM2 wrote:

Sorry, but that is the new norm at QVC.  Their shipping successes are sporadic. I'm still waiting on a pair of Clark's that was ordered in March. They did send me out a replacement pair, which I received. Not sure what happend to the first pair.

Yes, this is very true.  Their shipping successes are pot luck.  This is why I bump up my shipping.  On the check out page there is an edit red arrow.  Click that and you get a drop down menu of shipping methods.  I choose the middle one.  The first one, that one defaults to the 3.50 one.  That one has LOW priority.  The second one is UPS ALL THE WAY and I get it in two days.  The caveat to this is that it costs me $13.50.  However, I don't want to baby sit my orders and the post office does NOT deliver it.  UPS does.  It has much higher priority.  It's up to the individual.  Another poster showed me this and I've been happy about it ever since.  Yes, the shipping is on your dime and mine but it's worth it for me.  It gets divided up in the easy pay option so, no biggie.

Honored Contributor

@77yangya 

When I click on the shipping edit, I can only choose std, express, Prem.  See below.

I haven't had the option to choose carriers in years!  In the 'old days', UPS was barely 50 cents more than USPS and I always picked it.

Are you choosing Express and saying it always comes UPS? 

My example below is a tiny pot of eye shadow.  No way am I paying $10.47 for UPS delivery!  The order still could sit in 'Preparing/Proessing your Order" for days!

A459175

rms beauty Eye Polish

solar
Shipping Method
Standard Delivery,
by 05/15/21*
$3.50
Standard Delivery by 05/15/21* $3.50
Express Delivery,
by 05/11/21*
$10.47
Express Delivery by 05/11/21* $10.47
Premium Delivery,
by 05/10/21*
$17.47
Premium Delivery by 05/10/21* $17.47
Contributor

Well here we go.
Ordered 4/14
1 bishop and young in stock blouse - now backordered

Ordered 4/30
1) Isaac Mizrahi maxi dress - was in stock / now backordered.
2) 2 pairs of Earth sandals were in stock - now backordered
3) 2 J Jason Wu shirts - still preparing order

Ordered 5/1
1) 2 pairs of Kim Gravel shorts - were in stock - now on waitlist

Very frustrating.

My question - do they keep your money when items go on back order (or waitlist) or do you have to wait until they eventually cancel it and then two weeks later get your refund?

Occasional Contributor

It gets so frustrating that after a certain I don't even want the item anymore. Unfortunately, you can't cancel it while it's in that "preparing your order" limbo. If they are preparing my order for over a week I should be able to cancel it.

Contributor

I ordered the sandals at midnight when they were first shown. Why are mine back ordered? They had to have them in stock at that time. And I’m not willing to pay $13.50/item for express shipping when I ordered so many things that day.