Trusted Contributor

Every time someone watches one of her channels, that's basically a donation, although you do get the video.  It comes across to me as though her immediate family is using her and she's going along with it.  So she's going to have cancer and support the whole crew.  What I don't understand is why chemo isn't starting right away.  Why would the doctor wait for weeks to start the chemo?    

Esteemed Contributor

I'll just say this, her whole health and financial situation leaves one with more questions than answers. Personally, I find the whole thing to be rather fishy myself. But that's just me.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

I do not have a Facebook so I cannot view pages there.  Well, some of the public ones, but I cannot read comments or anything so I really do not know much about Antonella.  I have read threads here about her.

I did view the GFM page and she is getting lots of donations.  Her whole situation  is very odd.  I sure hope she has a full recovery from any illness she may have.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Esteemed Contributor

@Tadaki   When my DH was diagnosed he met with his onocologist at the end of May and he started chemo via pillls and radiation at the end of June.

I think it was because although he at seen the surgeon, radiologist and another Dr. they had to coordinate everything because he had to start both chemo and radiation the same day.

Esteemed Contributor

Sometimes it takes time to get the paperwork approved or the means of paying in line.  I don't know how it works for chemo when you don't have insurance unless you are on Medicaid, which I doubt that she is.  I don't know about disability nor do I know if she would qualify for it.  She isn't old enough for Medicare, is she?

My husband had excellent insurance benefits when he was going through 10 years of treatments.  When the Explanation of Benefits came through, it was quite appalling how much the treatments cost.  I watched them very closely because there were times that the insurance was billed for things he didn't receive.   We never paid anything for a bone marrow transplant.  The odd thing was that the insurance didn't want to pay for the biopsy testing to see if the transplant was a success or not.  Go figure.  The paperwork and hoops I had to go through to get this covered was unreal. They did finally pay for it.  

In this day and age, insurance isn't a luxury, but a necessity.  A serious illness could wipe out a family quickly.  I am not sure if a hospital can deny care if a person has no insurance....I am talking chemo and radiation, not sewing up a bleeding person in the ER.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

Sometimes it takes time to get the paperwork approved or the means of paying in line.  I don't know how it works for chemo when you don't have insurance unless you are on Medicaid, which I doubt that she is.  I don't know about disability nor do I know if she would qualify for it.  She isn't old enough for Medicare, is she?

My husband had excellent insurance benefits when he was going through 10 years of treatments.  When the Explanation of Benefits came through, it was quite appalling how much the treatments cost.  I watched them very closely because there were times that the insurance was billed for things he didn't receive.   We never paid anything for a bone marrow transplant.  The odd thing was that the insurance didn't want to pay for the biopsy testing to see if the transplant was a success or not.  Go figure.  The paperwork and hoops I had to go through to get this covered was unreal. They did finally pay for it.  

In this day and age, insurance isn't a luxury, but a necessity.  A serious illness could wipe out a family quickly.  I am not sure if a hospital can deny care if a person has no insurance....I am talking chemo and radiation, not sewing up a bleeding person in the ER.

It has neve been stated that she is without health insurance.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Trusted Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@Tadaki   When my DH was diagnosed he met with his onocologist at the end of May and he started chemo via pillls and radiation at the end of June.

I think it was because although he at seen the surgeon, radiologist and another Dr. they had to coordinate everything because he had to start both chemo and radiation the same day.

@CrazyKittyLvr2 Thanks! It just sounds scary to wait.  I guess things might be even slower now due to the pandemic.

Esteemed Contributor

@Tadaki   It was scary, but he took 7 chemo pills a day (4 in the am, 3 pm) 5 days a week along with radition 5 days a week for 7 and 1/2 weeks.

He had an 8 hr. surgery after that. That was in 2015.

He had scans every few months and was good.  His last scan was April of 2019, all good.  He passed away at the end of May of 2019, of a totally unrelated event.  He was cancer free.

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Rack wrote:

I am new to blogging, but when I read on Antonella health I had to comment. She got such a raw deal from qvc, that it still infuriates me. Now to hear she has cancer is unbelievable. I too was diagnosed with breast cancer in January. Two weeks ago I had a mastectomy. Not fun!, my love and prayers are going your way, Antonella!!

@Rack  How do you know that she got a "Raw Deal"? Do you have insider knowledge about this?  Just curious as to how you can say that. Please  tell us the RAW DEAL she got as inquiring minds would like to know. 

@SeaMaidenWe have no idea why she was let go. I imagine if she was making them money she would still be there.

Honored Contributor

Her behavior is very strange.  This whole GFM is very sketchy.

Now the son is going to be on the boat with the cats? 

Very strange...