Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

Sometimes it takes time to get the paperwork approved or the means of paying in line.  I don't know how it works for chemo when you don't have insurance unless you are on Medicaid, which I doubt that she is.  I don't know about disability nor do I know if she would qualify for it.  She isn't old enough for Medicare, is she?

My husband had excellent insurance benefits when he was going through 10 years of treatments.  When the Explanation of Benefits came through, it was quite appalling how much the treatments cost.  I watched them very closely because there were times that the insurance was billed for things he didn't receive.   We never paid anything for a bone marrow transplant.  The odd thing was that the insurance didn't want to pay for the biopsy testing to see if the transplant was a success or not.  Go figure.  The paperwork and hoops I had to go through to get this covered was unreal. They did finally pay for it.  

In this day and age, insurance isn't a luxury, but a necessity.  A serious illness could wipe out a family quickly.  I am not sure if a hospital can deny care if a person has no insurance....I am talking chemo and radiation, not sewing up a bleeding person in the ER.

@tends2dogs   Antonella has never once said she didn't have insurance, which is why I think she does.  Cobra is always offered when you lose a job.  She would have that, and her husband could have it from losing his job, too.

Does anyone know what her husband's profession was?

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

Her behavior is very strange.  This whole GFM is very sketchy.

Now the son is going to be on the boat with the cats? 

Very strange...

@Bri369    I find her videos to be disturbing.... like watching someone off track... I worry she has more than just cancer issues going on.  Just my observations watching these videos. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Prayers for Antonella

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

Very strange...

@Bri369    I find her videos to be disturbing.... like watching someone off track... I worry she has more than just cancer issues going on.  Just my observations watching these videos. 

Very disturbing.  The laughing and the faces are strange.  I never watched her on QVC, so I don't know if that's how she was.  I can see why she was let go...

Frequent Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

Very strange...

Very disturbing.  The laughing and the faces are strange.  I never watched her on QVC, so I don't know if that's how she was.  I can see why she was let go...

She was as my one of my favorites when she first came on QVC, but in recent years I found  her difficult to watch .

Respected Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

Very strange...

@Bri369 

I think it is a wise decision for the son to be with them. You can get into big trouble on boats when an unexpected storm blows up and the seas are rough. Someone young and strong would be a huge help. An extra hand can make all the difference.

Esteemed Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@tends2dogs wrote:

Sometimes it takes time to get the paperwork approved or the means of paying in line.  I don't know how it works for chemo when you don't have insurance unless you are on Medicaid, which I doubt that she is.  I don't know about disability nor do I know if she would qualify for it.  She isn't old enough for Medicare, is she?

My husband had excellent insurance benefits when he was going through 10 years of treatments.  When the Explanation of Benefits came through, it was quite appalling how much the treatments cost.  I watched them very closely because there were times that the insurance was billed for things he didn't receive.   We never paid anything for a bone marrow transplant.  The odd thing was that the insurance didn't want to pay for the biopsy testing to see if the transplant was a success or not.  Go figure.  The paperwork and hoops I had to go through to get this covered was unreal. They did finally pay for it.  

In this day and age, insurance isn't a luxury, but a necessity.  A serious illness could wipe out a family quickly.  I am not sure if a hospital can deny care if a person has no insurance....I am talking chemo and radiation, not sewing up a bleeding person in the ER.

It has neve been stated that she is without health insurance.

@mom2four0418  I guess that is something I just assumed because of what has been posted.  If they do have insurance, you have to get approval or the "go ahead" before treatment begins.  If insurance won't cover it, you have the option to self pay or not do the treatment.......or have a GoFundMeAccount. 

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

It's almost like she's trying to bring so much attention to herself in hopes of landing a reality show.  Someone in her family needs to tell her to dial it back a little.

Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@tends2dogs wrote:

@tends2dogs   Antonella has never once said she didn't have insurance, which is why I think she does.  Cobra is always offered when you lose a job.  She would have that, and her husband could have it from losing his job, too.

Does anyone know what her husband's profession was?

@NickNack   I addressed this in my post #96.  Thanks for pointing the insurance thing out.  As far as her husband, she rarely talked about him on air. No idea what he did for a job.  It was more talk about her kids and her cooking.  She was a real shell of herself that last year she was on air.  Her demeanor and body language were like a deflated balloon.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Frequent Contributor

Antonella and her husband should both be getting unemployment money, plus the money from their house and cars. She has never mentioned not having health insurance or needing money. It would be unwise, IMO, to donate money to a GoFundMe account without knowing all of the details. She only tells you what she wants you to know, the rest is a mystery. Although the whole patreon thing with the recipe cards seems quite bazaar to me, as though she hasn't fully thought things through before acting on them.

Esteemed Contributor

@santorini wrote:

It's almost like she's trying to bring so much attention to herself in hopes of landing a reality show.  Someone in her family needs to tell her to dial it back a little.

Are you kidding? Her YouTube videos is her reality show.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.