Esteemed Contributor

Re: Prayers for Antonella

[ Edited ]

@bobby5 , I have a few questions and I hope that I say the right words. I try not to get into the Threads about Antonella but  you pull me in because you have been through it and I always read what you have to say.

The question, before your diagnosis did your demeanor change and were you wondering why? If so, how long before you found out? If not, how did you find out?  

You seem to be a very strong lady and I wish you the best of health, and to all the ladies here who have been through this (can't remember all the names) best wishes.

Honored Contributor

I watched yesterday's video of their drive down to North Carolina to begin their life on the boat. They certainly had an awful lot of stuff they're bringing aboard. Their spirits seemed good, and looking forward to the adventure.

I was amazed her grown son Mickey -- he looks near 30, is going along to live with them on the boat.  Three adults, plus cats, on what looked like very cramped quarters.  Her husband and son were having a ball in the water on the dingy.  Again, she told folks to come see them.

So there's one youtube channel for the boating adventures, and a separate youtube channel for her medical updates.  

Esteemed Contributor

I am very leary of anyone asking for money on any site.  I have 2 YouTube channels.  There is a lady that I was following for awhile.  She seemed really nice and well spoken,but used a cartoon character as her Avatar.  She had two Co-Hosts.  They all decided to give all money to St. Jude as they didn't need it.  People gave thousands and about 6 months ago people started asking for receipts.  She has vanished and no one can find her by any name she said was hers.  My point is be very careful with giving money when you are not 100% knowing where it is going.   I am not saying her GFM is a scam, I am just saying be careful.   ESPECIALLY ON ANY SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORM.

Trusted Contributor
Sage04

I'm happy to answer your questions. My demeanor didn't change before my breast cancer diagnosis. I was just living my life and lo & behold, it was found on my yearly mammogram. Luckily it was found early & I just needed a lumpectomy, radiation & "the pills" Antonella talks about to prevent a recurrence. The pills I take are called Arimidex. I'm almost to the 5 year mark.
So I didn't need chemo. But my best friend who was diagnosed at the same time did. When I completed my treatment, I focused on her. We were inseparable. She even asked me to shave her head. She didn't make it. It was devastating. She was what I like to call a true "chemo warrior." She fought harder than anyone I know.
Fast forward to the situation with Antonella. I go back & forth between "feeling so bad for her" one minute & feeling like "she's using her cancer for profit" the next minute. I know it's none of my business. She & her husband are the ones that have to live with their conscience.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Prayers for Antonella

[ Edited ]

@bobby5 wrote:
Sage04

I'm happy to answer your questions. My demeanor didn't change before my breast cancer diagnosis. I was just living my life and lo & behold, it was found on my yearly mammogram. Luckily it was found early & I just needed a lumpectomy, radiation & "the pills" Antonella talks about to prevent a recurrence. The pills I take are called Arimidex. I'm almost to the 5 year mark.
So I didn't need chemo. But my best friend who was diagnosed at the same time did. When I completed my treatment, I focused on her. We were inseparable. She even asked me to shave her head. She didn't make it. It was devastating. She was what I like to call a true "chemo warrior." She fought harder than anyone I know.
Fast forward to the situation with Antonella. I go back & forth between "feeling so bad for her" one minute & feeling like "she's using her cancer for profit" the next minute. I know it's none of my business. She & her husband are the ones that have to live with their conscience.

@bobby5  thanks very much for answering.  So sorry about your friend, That hit me hard. I've never had anyone who died from cancer and I hope I never do.  So glad yours was detected early. I make sure I get my yearly mammogram and i also get a reminder.

I understand what you mean and that's why I don't Post on the Threads concerning her.  I think about all the people that's going through this and what's happening to them. I know some might think I'm mean but I wonder if all this is true. I've always been a good judge of character and know when something does not seem right.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and this is mine.

I'll just read whatever you have to say whenever you Post on any Thread about her because I trust you and whatever you say makes sense.

Trusted Contributor
@Sage04

Thanks for all your kind words. What a sweetheart you are. Have a good weekend.😊
Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

I watched yesterday's video of their drive down to North Carolina to begin their life on the boat. They certainly had an awful lot of stuff they're bringing aboard. Their spirits seemed good, and looking forward to the adventure.

I was amazed her grown son Mickey -- he looks near 30, is going along to live with them on the boat.  Three adults, plus cats, on what looked like very cramped quarters.  Her husband and son were having a ball in the water on the dingy.  Again, she told folks to come see them.

So there's one youtube channel for the boating adventures, and a separate youtube channel for her medical updates.  

@Caaareful Shopper @I don't see this video on YouTube. Where did you see the video?

Trusted Contributor
@Mindy D

On you tube type in vela speranza. Antonella also has the link on her facebook page.
Respected Contributor

I just watched the latest boat video do not usually do this but follow threads here.

I was quite dumbfounded by this video 3 of them plus cats plus her illness/upcoming treatment, and, to me, they're acting like going on vacation.

Maybe all the 'bravado' and giggling is for the camera as it appears they have some serious ongoing issues - Cancer, does any one of the two men have a job, medical expenses and a grown son on what is not a very big boat too. 

I do feel sorry for her illness and do hope all goes well.  Maybe this is the way to handle scarey situations?

Respected Contributor

I guess I've seen too many stories on the news so I'll just say I wish her well but I will not be donating.