Regular Contributor

I do not subscribe to facebook.  I am so sorry to hear about what Antonella is going through.  I am a cancer survivor but to hear what she is going through is heart wretching.  I will be praying for her and hope that all of you keep in touch with me to let me know how she is doing.

Frequent Contributor

@Love my grandkids hair loss depends on the chemo and I lost all of my hair with my cancer treatment years ago. I know with breast cancer it is pretty common for hair loss. I used to imagine myself bald so when it happened I would be prepared. Shaving my head was the hardest - I cried alot, but after I first faced myself in the mirror - which took a bit, I was better, plus showers were so much faster.  I was grateful I had eyelashes - but they fell out a month after I stopped chemo, but they came back a few weeks later. 

@SeaMaiden there is no cure, but there is alot more they can do - like for me they were able to identify how to treat the cancer because it was estrogen receptive. Also  they can go look at the tumor and see what the best long term treatment is. I just found that out on my last doctor's visit as they are re-evaluating whether to continue certain meds for me. (honestly I did not know they still had the tumor years later..) 

Sadly there is no one cure,  within the last year I have lost my very best friend (and her poor husband just lost his brother a few days ago to the same cancer) and I lost a dear colleague. I guess in this post I am trying to say it is hard to speculate on what Antonella's experience might be and if she wants to prepare herself for hairloss now I feel like its ok for her to do that. 

Everyone's cancer journey is so different. Everyone has different responses to treatment 

Trusted Contributor

I have always dearly loved her! Her happiness and joy is infectious! I was livid when they fired her on a moment's notice. She and her husband lost their jobs very close to each other. Now this. I heard earlier that she had breast cancer and leukemia. Didn't have an update until now

My heart breaks for her but I know she is a tough cookie!

I pray for her, and her entire family and dear friends. I wish I could do more for her. I think she is a jewel of a woman. ♥

New Contributor

I am new to blogging, but when I read on Antonella health I had to comment. She got such a raw deal from qvc, that it still infuriates me. Now to hear she has cancer is unbelievable. I too was diagnosed with breast cancer in January. Two weeks ago I had a mastectomy. Not fun!, my love and prayers are going your way, Antonella!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Rack - Why would you say she got a raw deal from QVC? Do you know this for a fact? QVC is a sales channel and only that. If you are hired you must be able to sell product and be good at it. If your sale numbers are high, you get plenty of benefits. If you are not making the sales/numbers, like any other company you are let go.

Respected Contributor

@riley1 wrote:

@Rack - Why would you say she got a raw deal from QVC? Do you know this for a fact? QVC is a sales channel and only that. If you are hired you must be able to sell product and be good at it. If your sale numbers are high, you get plenty of benefits. If you are not making the sales/numbers, like any other company you are let go.

Another post said that she was "fired on a moment's notice." I doubt it.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Esteemed Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@riley1 wrote:

@mom2four0418I agree with you we have no idea what happened, or why she was let go. People are confused here there is persona and the person. Most are responding to her television persona, as they have no idea who the real person is.

People lose jobs every day for a myriad of reasons. While my heart goes out to her with this devastating diagnosis there is no connection between QVC letting her go and her diagnosis.

Respected Contributor

@manny2 wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@riley1 wrote:

@mom2four0418I agree with you we have no idea what happened, or why she was let go. People are confused here there is persona and the person. Most are responding to her television persona, as they have no idea who the real person is.

People lose jobs every day for a myriad of reasons. While my heart goes out to her with this devastating diagnosis there is no connection between QVC letting her go and her diagnosis.

Yes, and it is the "persona" that sells the products.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Esteemed Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@manny2 wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@riley1 wrote:

Yes, and it is the "persona" that sells the products.

Yes, and it is also what is making people dig deep into their pockets to donate to the go fund me page.

Regular Contributor

@manny2 wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@riley1 wrote:

Agreed!