Honored Contributor

@kivah I don't know about "most" but of the many people I met during chemo, only 1 lost his hair.

Respected Contributor

New treatments are constantly in the pipeline.  Prayers.

Respected Contributor

WHY would you say, "goodbye, hair"????  Really not appropriate! 

Respected Contributor

Sending prayers and good wishes to Antonella.   May she have an uneventful recovery.   Miss her smile and upbeat personality. 

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Respected Contributor

@Love my grandkids   When DH was diagnosed with Cancer he too was on chemo.

He had to wear a Fanny pack with the chemo in it entering his body into port in his chest which he wore every Monday through Thursday a.m. then into clinic chemo finished, port washed out, few days off then restart again early Monday a,m.

He did this  for 6 months - but it  saved his life.  Had some awful side effects but never lost a hair on his head and he has been clear for 12 years now - so thank goodness for his treatment.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkerbell3 wrote:

WHY would you say, "goodbye, hair"????  Really not appropriate! 

Antonella said "Goodbye hair." the OP just quoted what she said.  It is not inapproperiate.

Trusted Contributor

Sorry to hear this bad news.she is in my prayers.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I was just thinking about her a few days ago.  She would mention her big dinners she’d have and on Easter I thought of her.

I will definitely remember her in my prayers. I’ve told a few of my friends all that happened to her.

My daughter asked if she lost her job, did she sign up for Cobra?  I told her no one has mentioned about her insurance.  Hopefully, she has some as all of this can get extremely expensive.

It’s the last thing she’d need to have would be to worry about money.

There aren’t a lot of people in this world as sweet and upbeat as Antonella.

The world needs more people like her.

Honored Contributor

@dulwich Thank you for sharing your DH's story. I am so glad he is clear for so many years.

Each time I had chemo I had my chemo pump for 2 days, then went back to return it.

One day I had a teeth cleaning appointment and in I walked with my cane and chemo pump! I told the staff at my wonderful dental practice "It's official, I'm an old lady now"

I also had a port-a-cath and was thankful for the anti-nausea meds I got before each treatment. These drugs weren't available when my late DH had chemo in 2007 & 2008 and the poor guy was sick for 2 days after.

I'm so grateful for these drugs. I wish your DH all the very best.

Honored Contributor

@dulwich  You and many others here neglected to say many of those here who had cancer or family members who had cancer had perhaps the most important...well one of the most important weapons against cancer.

That would be all of you who also helped in this terrible disease to fight with everything you and they had.

I really respect those who go head to head to fight cancer.

You can say “What choice did I or we have.”  That’s what a warrior would say.

In my family so far we haven’t had cancer; but we have had mental and addiction problems.  

It’s impossible to get thru life without experiencing angst.  It’s how it’s handled that makes the difference.

I know Antonella has family that loves her dearly.  Seeing how she came thru every day on QVC, I feel like it’s impossible to not see what a wonderful person she is.