Valued Contributor

Keeping her in my prayers.  My daughter is waiting for the results from her ocon test.

Esteemed Contributor

It is sad for anyone who has been diagnosed with cancer.

As far as the hair loss @Love my grandkids not everyone does lose their hair but many of us have.  I am a 6 year breast cancer survivor and the way I understand it is every cancer requires a different "chemistry" of chemotherapy and some kill the hair follicles and some do not.  With her types of cancer I think she will lose all of her hair.   

Either way I wish her the best, it's only one small part of the journey.

Honored Contributor

@LindaSal Of course that is true. I did talk to a couple of ladies being treated for BC and neither of them had any hair loss. The hospital has a lovely section on the chemo floor where a patient can get wonderful head coverings.

I wish Antonella well as I do anyone with cancer. 

Respected Contributor

They also recommend 'cool caps' for people undergoing chemo.  For some reason, the cold helps prevent some hair loss.

I am a one year BC survivor, but only had radiation.  Unfortunately, 10  months after I finished treatment, 90% of my hair fell out--I'm guessing alopecia, but have read a bunch of articles that Covid causes substantial hair loss.  I never was diagnosed, but I'm pretty sure I had it before they identified it.

I pray that Antonella is successful with her treatments.  Cancer sucks for sure.

Esteemed Contributor

@LaurenCats4 wrote:

According to her Facebook post a few minutes ago, the news wasn't what they'd hoped. Smiley Sad

"Unfortunately, Onco results and Doc visit did not go well today. Starting Chemo in May (good bye hair), then radiation, then pills. The Cancer is aggressive and on a molecular level. Could show up anywhere in the body, if it does, it’s untreatable. Huh? Anyway, that’s what the Doc said.

Thanks for all your prayers!!!"
I love you!!
Xo
A

What heartbreaking news. But, I have had myself dead and buried many times, and here I sit. Prayers can go a long way, and she has mine. 

Respected Contributor

Sending thoughts and prayers.  God Bless you Antonella.

Honored Contributor

So very sorry to hear this about sweet Antonella.  Prayers for peace for her and full recovery.

Honored Contributor

I wish her well,she has a battle to fight, i feel she is a nice lady.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor
@Terrywu

I hope your daughter's oncotype results are good.🙏
Valued Contributor

@bobby5 , thank you.  She had stage one and,opted for double mastectomy.  Her lymph nodes were clear so I have been hoping and praying.  Thanks again