Esteemed Contributor

Posters Self-Moderating vs. Deletion

Less than 30 minutes ago there was a post in Fashion Talk critical of the Keurig rep, whos trikes me as a very pleasant and professional woman. It was noted that she spoke too quickly (to which I thought, she's selling coffee and has been caffeinated since midnight), but also highly criticized her hair. I thought, well, she's not selling hair extensions, so why does that matter, but the post was deleted before I could respond. I thought maybe letting other posters comment would have been more interesting and informative versus just deleting it completely. Wouldn't that make this a more interesting and interactive board?

Honored Contributor

Re: Posters Self-Moderating vs. Deletion

Based on what I've seen so far, the moderation on this board needs to be "tweaked". {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Contributor

You make a good point but I always think about the fact that the reps (or more often here, the QVC presenters) are actually flesh and blood real live people with feelings, and maybe they shouldn't have to be the example that teaches someone else some manners.

I say - delete.

Smile

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with the OP's take. If you want to talk deletion, visit the ViewPoints forum. Not much can be discussed or debated or argued as most get deleted with the strict moderators. Sure we sling mud, pull hair, scratch and bite. But we get to post what our experiences have been and our opinions - that's not what is happening now. It's very dull and cutesy.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Super Contributor

Sounds like you just want to watch a fight, rather than have a discussion. I'd rather see the mean-spirited posts removed; you can't make them positive by disagreeing with them, you just add to the negative vibe.

Honored Contributor

If the point of the post was simply to criticize the rep and had little or nothing to do with the Keurig, then "interesting and informative" seems to translate to the typical cat-calling and name-calling between the usual suspects saying the same very predictable things. I fail to view that as either interesting or informative other than in a train-wreck sort of way.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Super Contributor

On 11/16/2014 Clover29 said:

Sounds like you just want to watch a fight, rather than have a discussion. I'd rather see the mean-spirited posts removed; you can't make them positive by disagreeing with them, you just add to the negative vibe.

I tend to agree with you, particularly when the "discussion" is relating to one's appearance. What purpose is there in furthering those kinds of discussions? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Honored Contributor

On 11/16/2014 Clover29 said:

Sounds like you just want to watch a fight, rather than have a discussion.

That's how I read it, too.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Yes, the new 'kinder and gentler' Q board experience leaves a lot to be desired... It's also fairly uneven but maybe that's the intent. Some forums are perhaps intended to be more freewheeling while others are perhaps being intentionally more limited... Who knows? But regardless, we can probably thank all those who whined about how nasty some people get for encouraging the Q to take a stab, however pointless, at making the boards as milquetoast and homogenized as their programming... As for comments about this particular vendor, I'm not remotely interested in a pricey coffee-maker so haven't been watching, just as I suspect that vendor is not attending to these boards...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Contributor

Bullying is bullying...no wonder why kids think it is normal... It is time to grow up...intelligent discussions are a good thing...Bullying is NOT ever acceptable...