Respected Contributor

Post office tracking says delivered but it is not here....

After my package left the post office near me and went south, the tracking says it was delivered to my mailbox on the day it went south. It was not delivered to me.  I live in a gated senior community so theft is not heard of around here.  I ordered these D & Co tops and after waiting two months and not gotten, I cancelled.  When back in stock reordered them and now they have gone to the black hole.  I am thinking these tops are not supposed to be mine.  If I ever get them they probably won't fit.  I emailed post office and will also tell QVC.  Hope I am not out the money for these.

Respected Contributor

Re: Post office tracking says delivered but it is not here....

@chiclet wrote:

After my package left the post office near me and went south, the tracking says it was delivered to my mailbox on the day it went south. It was not delivered to me.  I live in a gated senior community so theft is not heard of around here.  I ordered these D & Co tops and after waiting two months and not gotten, I cancelled.  When back in stock reordered them and now they have gone to the black hole.  I am thinking these tops are not supposed to be mine.  If I ever get them they probably won't fit.  I emailed post office and will also tell QVC.  Hope I am not out the money for these.

I've had that and it comes the next day. I was told when the truck goes out they scan everything and sometimes not everything gets delivered that day. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't know if this will help but this has been my experience. I first filed a claim online with the US Postal Service. I also went to my local post office and told them what the problem was and they said they could look at the scan where that package was delivered. ( they discovered that it was delivered on the street behind me. But they couldn't say which house.)

I literally left a message in every person's mailbox that they may have received my package by mistake, and believe it or not almost 2 weeks later it showed up on my front steps with a message saying sorry for the delay. Obviously it was written by one of my neighbors. 

Another time same scenario, I filed the claim with the post office and that time the post office called me saying it had been mis-delivered, and they would get with the carrier to see where it was left. No more word from PO, so the shipper refunded my money. My package actually arrived almost 6 weeks later, possibly the person who got it put it back into the PO system.  

After that I got a post office box, and believe it or not the very first package that shipped said it was delivered but it wasn't in my PO Box. I went to the post office counter and they said they would check and never found.  Shipper would refund money.  So yes they can put it in the wrong mailbox, and they can put it in the wrong post office box. 

This all happened this year.  Yes this is definitely a post office issue, totally infuriating.  

Honored Contributor

@Valstybaby wrote:

I've had that and it comes the next day. I was told when the truck goes out they scan everything and sometimes not everything gets delivered that day. 

I have had it happen as @Valstybaby stated. It arrives the next day. And sometimes it arrived hours before the mail delivery. It happened to me last week. 

I rarely check the tracking anymore. I am just glad when it is delivered.

In fact I ordered something (not QVC) 2 weeks ago. When I ordered it, it stated the item was in stock. I got notification that the package would arrive January 25, 2022. I am trying to learn patience when I order anything now.

Esteemed Contributor

@chiclet    that has happened to me several times.   Usually the package gets delivered a day or two later.   Wait a bit and see what happens.  

Honored Contributor

Either way @chiclet   you will never be out the money!

I just had 2 orders from Walmart that Fed Ex held since 11/24~ said out for delivery every day.

Never got them til yesty.

If it is never delivered, contact the Moderators.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Unfortunately this has happened to me many times.  Sometimes the Post Office misscans the item and it shows up the next day, but most times I never get it!  Luckily, Customer Service has been responsive each time I have an issue.  Call and they will either replace or refund.   Its maddening for sure!

Honored Contributor

I've had a couple of times in the past 18 months where something says "Delivered" by the post office, but it wasn't.  We're rural and theft isn't a problem.

Then it appears the next or two days later, with no further change to the tracking info.  Things are definitely messed up with the post office at the moment.  (I was told by our local PO that, if they "run out of time", they just keep it on the van and deliver it the next possible day.)

Frequent Contributor

I have a package I sent to the Raleigh area via USPS  that has been received and departed the nearest distribution center 7 times since 12.2.

Either it is the busiest package getting loads of extra points for all of the miles or something is very wrong with the tracking system. 

I am going for the later

Hope it gets there this year.

Honored Contributor

I think the USPS and UPS spend an excessive amount of time scanning the same package.  I've seen mine with 3 scans the same night and they all say the same thing.  Quits the scans and get the durn thing on a truck on the road! 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment