New Contributor

Re: Post Your Questions for Alabama & Tune in 8/28 at 7pm ET!

[ Edited ]

Can anyone explain the story behind the song "Tartop"? Thanks to you all for the gift of NEW music from Alabama.!!! Roll On!!!

Visitor

[ Edited ]

Wasn't through loving you yet is absolutely wonderful.  Just wanted you to know that I wasn't through loving you yet, either.  Thank you for an amazing Fan Appreciation Weekend and a little preview of the new CD.  The little sample we heard is absolutely wonderful and hope all will purchase as they will not be disappointed.   Alabama just does not disappoint.   My question is, as we all know, unfortunately, country music has changed and to create interest with the younger country fans, how hard was it to find or write songs and still keep the great sound of Alabama?     Your fan from Ware Shoals, SC.  Love you guys.

Highlighted

It's my birthday today, 8/28, and I couldn't imagine anything better than being able to chat with Alabama!  Just wanted to let you know that you have been my favorite band for decades.  I only had the pleasure of seeing you once about 31 years ago, but I remember it like it was yesterday!  I listen to your old cd's before i go to bed at night - helps me to relax!  I've told my kids I want your new CD for my own for this birthday, so they better not disappoint me!  Randy, I love your voice and I've heard your solo songs and they are great!  I wish you guys the best and thanks for making my birthday!

Occasional Visitor

Hello!  I'm a huge fan from Iowa!  Just wanted to know how you narrowed down your song choices and chose which songs you wanted on the new CD?  Love you guys!  Smiley Happy

New Contributor

I was at Legend Valley too..........sometimes it seems like just yesterday!!

New Contributor

Tartop is an autobiographical song.  Randy's nickname as a kid was Tartop, and if you listen closely you'll hear the story of how Alabama came together. It's one of my favorites and the one that broke the #1 streak (because people didn't understand it.  Just my opinion.   

New Contributor

Hi, it's Debbie from Louisiana and I have loved your music since 1980. My question is I have your dvd of your live performance of the 41 number ones, is a cd verison ever going to be released? Thanks for the fan weekend. Had a blast.
New Contributor

It's Debbie again. I meant to say a "live" verison cd of the 41 hits. Thanks
New Contributor

Which of these songs from Southern Drawl album are your favorite? This is great of you came back!