Trusted Contributor

Poor Packaging For Gift Giving

Purchased Turbie Hair Bands - yes, each hair band comes in a cute mesh bag; however, there was only 1 hang tag.  If I was to give these as a gift, as the host and vendor suggested, if I'm not there to provide an explanation as to what the item is and how to use it,  no one will know.  It looks like a small piece of terry in a mesh bag?  How cheap can the vendors be to not provide a hang tag for each.

Same problem with a motion light I purchased.  It came in a QVC box, and inside that box was an ugly brown taped box with no writing, no pictures of item, etc.   If I purchased one from Menards, Home Depot, etc. it would come in a nice box from the manufacture that would show different applications of how to use the item, its features, etc.

These are only just a couple of examples.  This is something I've seen a lot of over the years.  How can they say items are perfect for gift giving when the packaging is terrible.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Poor Packaging For Gift Giving

Purchase the copper chef pan set last year as a gift and it only came in the shipping box with the pan and parts taped to cardboard - tacky.

Regular Contributor

Yeah, I love the Insulated market bags that I purchased, but I owuld never give them in the "matching box" - really tacky!

Contributor

I agree about the market totes TSV. The matching boxes were so thin and flimsy that 2 of them were smashed. They weren't nice cardboard but more like thick paper. I'm not giving them in the boxes. They would have been nice if the cardboard was thicker.

Respected Contributor

@BunSnoop wrote:

Purchased Turbie Hair Bands - yes, each hair band comes in a cute mesh bag; however, there was only 1 hang tag.  If I was to give these as a gift, as the host and vendor suggested, if I'm not there to provide an explanation as to what the item is and how to use it,  no one will know.  It looks like a small piece of terry in a mesh bag?  How cheap can the vendors be to not provide a hang tag for each.

Same problem with a motion light I purchased.  It came in a QVC box, and inside that box was an ugly brown taped box with no writing, no pictures of item, etc.   If I purchased one from Menards, Home Depot, etc. it would come in a nice box from the manufacture that would show different applications of how to use the item, its features, etc.

These are only just a couple of examples.  This is something I've seen a lot of over the years.  How can they say items are perfect for gift giving when the packaging is terrible.

@BunSnoop, I purchased a set of 6 turbie twist towels last year and wanted to give some as gifts. They too came in individual mesh bags, but only 1 hang tag. I thought that was so stupid. If I was to give them as gifts I felt like I would have to be there to explain to each recipient. Hence I kept them all.