Contributor

I awoke early this morning around 6AM and put QVC on..and there was Amy Stran at this ungodly hour.  Now, this evening, I turn on the Q, and Amy is back for like a 5 hour show (according to the program guide)...I think they are working her air time unfairly.  She is good, and I like her, but - she also has a family.  I don't know if Shawn will take over for her before midnight or just come on at midnight like the schedule says.  I just feel bad for Amy with these nutty hours - AND she has a family!!

Honored Contributor

I haven't seen the show you are talking about but I will say that often these days QVC plays re-runs over and over during the middle of the night and early morning hours.

If you stay up very late like I do (until sometimes 2-3:00 AM) you will see repeats of the midnight presentation.

I've awakened in the middle of the night to see Rick doing the same presentation he did at midnight.

The sound of his voice so loud wakes me up!  Ha!

Respected Contributor

Are you kidding me? This is who you feel sorry for?

Honored Contributor

Wasn't there a time when both QVC and HSN were live all day long? I too have noticed encore presentations, I guess it's a way for both shopping channels to save money.

Honored Contributor

@Jepster About the last person I'd feel sorry for is a TV sales person. She's getting paid. She can resign if she's not happy with the hours!

Honored Contributor

Probably a rerun.  If it isn't, you work when employer schedules you to work.  Also, most of the time they do not work every day.

Respected Contributor

@Jepster: QVC airs reruns from 3:00-7:00AM. So the program you saw at 6:00AM was a rerun. But even if it was a live show, I wouldn't necessarily feel sorry for the host. They understand what the scheduling is like when hired. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

??? Yes, she has a family but her husband, until recently was a stay at home parent! 

MOST families have to juggle everything, it's called life. Amy is never on in the morning. She is compensated ridiculously swell. I wouldn't not feel sorry for her!

As for shawn, she works more than any other host by far! 

Honored Contributor

I don't think any of us knows how any of the hosts are compensated.

Respected Contributor

Boy, could we get more nasty comments????   And one person seems to know how much she's paid (' She is compensated ridiculously swell.. ')     Good grief.