Contributor

Don’t you think giving someone Poo-Pourri as a gift is almost an insult?

Regular Contributor

I wouldn't hesitate to put it in my husband's Christmas stocking or send it as part of a gift to a sibling, as long as they have a healthy sense of humor.  It would make a fun White Elephant gift!

Respected Contributor

I did it last year and everyone liked it, especially since my brother and stepdad are, well, you can figure it out! I also kept one for myself and brought one in to work.

Honored Contributor

It makes a good gag (pun intended) gift.

Honored Contributor

Re: Poo-Pourri as Gift

[ Edited ]

If it was given as part of a gift basket with items such as scented soap, hand towels, hand cream etc.  it probably would be giftable.

i would never give anyone just that....unless it was a gag gift.

Poo-Pourri is available to buy everywhere now.  Even my local grocery store sells it. So, it is no longer a novelty item.  It would be the same as buying someone a bottle of shampoo or deodorant at the grocery or drug store.

Also, I have to mention..It is  expensive and doesn't really work all that great.  My DH says it smells like someone pooped in a flower garden among another not so appropriate saying that I can't mention on this board.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I give it to my friends who are flight attendants. They appreciate it. Also give to my sister. Lets face it, it's something we can all use. 

Esteemed Contributor

I love this stuff, and wouldn't be insulted to get it or to give it as a gift.

Honored Contributor

Depends on your relationship with the giftee and their sense of humor...

Esteemed Contributor

I wouldn't gift it or even use it.  What's wrong with just leaving the exhaust fan on in the bathroom?   I actually  had purchased the Beekman Eau De Toilette collection and keep a bottle in each bathroom.   Just a squirt is so pleasant and it works great, also it's considered "clean".  I don't wear perfume but thought it would make a nice gift without insulting anyone (LOL) and I can make use of it at home also.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's tasteless and rude to give it to anyone other than close family and even then, I might give it to someone but not as their holiday gift.