Valued Contributor

blackhole99

You are correct . Not the same person. I really like the chicken casserole here.

Super Contributor

QVC kind of pushed out the authentic Polish stoneware and brought in Tara with her knock offs of Temptations.......supposedly her own idea....?   not so .....

Honored Contributor

@NanaS, I'm not sure which line came first, but I know that they coexisted for quite some time.

No one other than QVC and Gloria know exactly why she left.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

I also love the Polish Stoneware.  My Mom has collected over the years and the dinner table is always beautiful at holiday get-togethers.

I think it's been at least a couple of years now since Gloria announced her retirement.  Here is a portion of the note she posted at the time:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Kindness is a gift everyone can afford to give.
**Be the reason someone smiles today : )
Honored Contributor

I believe I remember the Temptations being presented without Tarainitially because I remember buying the first Temptation TSV and Tara was not part of it.  I received the set and was really disappointed in it (painting was horrible, the "feel" of the baker was not right to me).  But I used it until the thing cracked in the middle while baking a dish at 350 degrees.  After that, which could have hurt me but ended up only making a huge mess.... I searched for (and researched) the clays and firings and how these pieces are made.... and that's how I got into Gloria's Polish Stoneware.  I've never, ever, ever had a problem with any of the pieces and have never broken or chipped even one in 20 years of collecting.

BTW, there is a reason why bakers like the ones being presented by Tara are so much cheaper.... it's built into the item by virtue of the clay used, the firing of the piece and even the glaze.  It's quite interesting to read about....  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

For Polish Stoneware fans:

Today (6/12/17) I see that Polish Stoneware is coming up on Evine at 2pm Pacific Time.  

I have no idea if it's the same PS that QVC used to have, but FYI.  Smiley Happy

New Contributor

Re: Polish Stoneware

[ Edited ]

@scoop There is a warehouse in Enfield, over the bridge from Suffield that also sells Polish Pottery called Janelle's Imports.   It is very nice and I have gotten a lot there.