Esteemed Contributor

Re: Please use your inside voice...

I 'stopped' in on 3 different Q  shows - Susan G w/ Antonella - Lisa R and one other ??   It appeared to me that screaming - laughing - and involving the models was a set pattern.  Like: they were 'told' to ham it up -- draw in the audience with loud and funny girl stuff.  It occurred to me that it was being done on purpose to generate more sales.  Personally, I don't think sales are that good for the Q - - and their policies.  To get a $40 refund - I called CS after 14 days - guy said okay - he'll put the credit through - and then it took another week!   Petty cash drawer must be low (with funds).

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

A lot of us used to keep QVC on in the background when we were home alone and working aroud the house and because of that we tended to catch something interesting and buy it!!!  At least I did.  They didn't have to yell and scream to get my attention, I kept an eye on the programming and back then I spent a lot of money.

I'm another one that just finds the yelling, screaming and b*tt wiggling nonsense to be contrived.  If it's X host then we can expect certain  "rituals" and frankly I'm really, really tired of them.  It's no longer about the product at all, it's all about the host and the vendor and their "bag of tricks" to out-shout each other.

I now shop (when I shop) on line (QVC and other retailers) and no longer watch any of their channels.   I no longer keep it on in the background.  I've found some soothing music to play on the stereo while I'm working around the house......

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Valued Contributor

It's so sad the shopping experience on the Q has become an overly loud, obnoxious, repetitive infomercial sort.  While several of the vendors are so annoying, especially IMO, SG and KG, throw in an equally loud host all trying to talk over each other.  It becomes a trainwreck.  And it's not like SG only is on air an hour or so a month so she has to make every minute count.  I vote with my wallet.  

Respected Contributor

I don't mind Susan - maybe I'm just used to her.  But Lisa was bouncing off the walls.  Obnoxious.

Respected Contributor

The volume control only works for QVC when it's on MUTE.   Only when MaryBeth or Sandra is hosting, can I relax.  Otherwise I have resorted to Closed Caption....that's ridiculous to resort to that when years ago, I had no problem with any host -- this new breed is unprofessional.   The Weather Channel is now my go-to station for background "noise."

Valued Contributor

Monday nights are unwatchable for me.  

Esteemed Contributor

@luvjazzercise

Most of the hosts have ONE volume = AIRHORN!

There was a time QVC was my happy place for just relaxing.

Now, that is impossible.  It is a constant assault on your ears.

Even on MUTE, the hosts and guests appear to be one step away from Tasmanian Devil mode.

Respected Contributor

I never purchase Susan Graver or Lisa Rinna.  Their presentations do appeal to me. To each his own.  I generally purchase Linea by Louis Dell Olio and GILI by Jill Martin. I just prefer the selections from those vendors.

Respected Contributor

@makena Me either!! I find SO many of the hosts too annoying to watch more than 5-10 minutes. When I get to that point, I turn it off & check later for "items recently on air". I simply can not watch MANY hosts anymore. I also can't understand why QVC continues with these obnoxious.  

Trusted Contributor

@fthunt, I never did receive my credit when I opened my qcard years ago. I called many times til I just got tired of trying. It was only 10 dollars or something like that, but it's just the principle. They lied to me. To their credit, I have received every gift card offered on other purchases.