Esteemed Contributor

Re: Please stop saying..............

[ Edited ]

Hearing the hosts exclaim, "It's the only order of the year" or season, has influenced my purchasing decisions many times. If I am on the fence; into my cart the item goes.😁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Valued Contributor

I used to get a kick out of the guy from Tweak'd when he was selling Ojon and kept saying how that special ingredient was only harvested like once a year or so.  So better buy now.  But somehow if you were on auto-ship (and there didn't seem to be a limit to how many people could get on auto) no problem.

I don't mind them saying "Only order of the year".  Lets me know I should get it if I want it. But I also have fallen into that trap and gotten something even if I wasn't sure I really wanted it...just in case.  

Honored Contributor

I assusme everything is the only order of the year.  Think about it, they rarely sell staples like Levi's jeans, for example.  Come to think of it, I wish they would sell Levi's or Lee.

Trusted Contributor

@Roscoe the Rascal I was just going to say the same thing.  Most items are probably in the "only order of the year" category considering it's mid November already.. lol

Super Contributor

What about "Get it while the getting's good".......lol....

Respected Contributor

@Tessa Mendoza wrote:

I used to get a kick out of the guy from Tweak'd when he was selling Ojon and kept saying how that special ingredient was only harvested like once a year or so.  So better buy now.  But somehow if you were on auto-ship (and there didn't seem to be a limit to how many people could get on auto) no problem.

I don't mind them saying "Only order of the year".  Lets me know I should get it if I want it. But I also have fallen into that trap and gotten something even if I wasn't sure I really wanted it...just in case.  

You mentioned the Tweak'd guy, but Josie does the SAME thing with her Argan oil.  When she was selling those huge bottles of Argan Reserve she kept saying how only a small amount was harvested and then THAT'S IT!  So get it now!   Hmmm.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Guess this is the new QVC ultimatum... They used to drive me nuts with 'when it's gone, it's gone'... Then, well, I sort of stopped watching... They got too frantic and shopping should be enjoyable...

Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

But the year's almost over....so no deals for the item for the next month and a half...no problem to wait a bit before the new year....and with the frequency QVC brings back products you probably wont have to wait long...😉

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

I was going to type something like: this is a shopping channel and the hosts are paid to mention phrases like that.......but, I think we all know that. Smiley Wink 

Contributor

AND "OUR CURRENT SITUATION, STAYNIG SOCIALLY DISTANT. SMALLER GATHERINGS.....we know!!! It's annoying!!!