Honored Contributor

Re: Please stop saying this!

@2boxers wrote:

the phrase i dislike is "its so shiek!" if you have to say "shiek "then its not. only the uderstated is.

@2boxers   I believe you must mean "chic".  There's no such word as shiek.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

OHHHH!!  My favorite I hear from callers is, "Thank you for bringing this to us".  WHAT?  They are selling this!

Why do people say this?  I heard this two times this morning!  I want to throw something to the TV.  Are these callers that ummmm 'stupid'?

I sometimes think the callers are shills for QVC or the vendor, or are large shareholders of QVC stock, LOL.

@handygal2 You may have something there.  I am always amazed at the high percentage of callers who have been shopping at QVC for 25 years or more, and have never had to send anything back!

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."
Honored Contributor

@JavaQueen wrote:

My favorites: It's practically free! and You're saving more than you're spending.

Spoiler

LOL. 

I don't know how to get rid of the spoiler thingy. Sorry.

@JavaQueen - At some point you must've hit the fifth icon from the left.  I'm not sure what it's supposed to be but it looks like a yellow circle with white in the middle?  If you "unclick" that one next time you post, you should be able to get rid of the "spoiler" tag.  (I think!)  HTH.

Trusted Contributor

@SHIRAZ wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

OHHHH!!  My favorite I hear from callers is, "Thank you for bringing this to us".  WHAT?  They are selling this!

Why do people say this?  I heard this two times this morning!  I want to throw something to the TV.  Are these callers that ummmm 'stupid'?

I sometimes think the callers are shills for QVC or the vendor, or are large shareholders of QVC stock, LOL.

@handygal2 You may have something there.  I am always amazed at the high percentage of callers who have been shopping at QVC for 25 years or more, and have never had to send anything back!

I noticed that callers would frequently use the same phrases and wondered why that was. It used to be to the hosts "you're doing a good job". A caller one day actually said, "they told me to say you're doing a good job!"  So, mystery solved!  The operators feed the lines to the callers!

Valued Contributor

Okay, I am going to chime in on this one.  One of my pet peeve phrases is "feel free to get more than one."  Gee, thanks for the permission!

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Respected Contributor

I agree. That "we're giving you" is amoung the top phrases I can't stand to hear.  And also what another poster said abuot not liking using the phrase "a liitle".   In the same category, a 'cute', or 'sweet'.  To me, terms like cute, sweet, and little sound silly and should apply to describing only children's clothing.  I'm in my late 50's, but I think even if I were a young woman, I would think that I am a grown-up, not a little kid, and would not necessarily be seeking for a cute or sweet appearance.

Respected Contributor

@PhilaLady1 wrote:

I agree. That "we're giving you" is amoung the top phrases I can't stand to hear.  And also what another poster said abuot not liking using the phrase "a liitle".   In the same category, a 'cute', or 'sweet'.  To me, terms like cute, sweet, and little sound silly and should apply to describing only children's clothing.  I'm in my late 50's, but I think even if I were a young woman, I would think that I am a grown-up, not a little kid, and would not necessarily be seeking for a cute or sweet appearance.

I so agree with you about the term "cute".  I've commented on here several times about the use of that word.  To me, cute is a description for five year olds and baby animals.  As a grown woman, I would like to be described as dressed nicely, looks nice, or something along those lines.  If I'm at work, I would like to project a polished image.

Several of them really go overboard with the cutesy talk and appearance and come across as very juvenile instead of professional sales people.  Looking nice and professional doesn't mean dowdy and old fashioned, but to me it doesn't mean looking like a twelve year old or like you're going to the beach or out clubbing lol.  That look is fine on your own time if that's what you like.  While at work, you represent your company.

Regular Contributor

I'm a little annoyed at "[let's] power through the colors." NO!!! The host is not "powering" through anything. It's not a dang workout. But it is a sad attempt at sounding "cool" or "edgy." I miss that level-headed usage of the English language that fomented attention to the product, as oppossed to the current attempt at a reality show we often witness.
Valued Contributor

I TOTALLY agree about hearing how "shiek" everything is and then there is "amazing".  I love the products these guests sell, and have bought some, but anymore when I hear these words I turn off the  program - they are spoiling  the product they are selling.  And then one more item that has to stop being said is "my collection" and I think you know who says that all  the time.  Nobody can have a "collection" the size of hers because she has way too much and is selling on tv way too much when she isn't dancing around!

Trusted Contributor

@2boxers wrote:

the phrase i dislike is "its so shiek!" if you have to say "shiek "then its not. only the uderstated is.

I think they mean 'chic' 

Spoiler
Smiley Happy