Honored Contributor

Re: Please stop all the useless chatter & nonsense!

@Zernia Rose wrote:

Angel was presenting Quaker Factory during the overnight hours and she humorously and gently reminded the host--whom I have never seen: has red hair-- to give measurements for the jeans. She also reminded her to ask about the origin of the jeans. It was a good pivot to the product and the host should not have been embarrassed.

@Zernia Rose 

Is this the host..Julia Cearley.  She's not on that often and is usually assigned to be the "social media host" ....The few times Ive seen her she wasnt well prepared and was a bit silly....

Meet Julia

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

ITA. The cherry on the banana split was when, during a handbag presentation, a [newer] host (who shall remain nameless) said, "You can check out the colors online." Huh?

Granted, there were purses in a variety of colors, but had everyone not been flapping their gums, the host should have been able to give an occasional and quick recap of colors--plus, give a "tour" of the purses/linings--just as the seasoned professionals have been doing for years.

*sigh* I guess Mary Beth (who'd have been putting purses of the same color but different shades next to each other so the viewers could see the difference), has to do everything...

What worries you masters you.
Valued Contributor

@shopperqvc wrote:

At one time you learned about the item being sold.

The ladies selling clothing had a tape measure and they told you the length of the sleeves, across the shoulders, body of the garment length, and they told you to measure your own body so you knew if that garment would fit you. You didn't need to order it, wait 2 weeks for it to get to you, try it on and then waste time and gas taking it back to the post office to return it. You knew it fit. Not now.

If they sold an electronics item, they told you how to use it. What it was capable of. Not that they had one in every room of their home. 

If they were selling a kitchen gadget, it was 1 item you didn't have to buy one for every family member. They also taught you how to use it the right way. 

Today, it's all about the salesperson and/or the vendor. How many children they have. What they did the last date night. The most adorable thing some child in the family did today, to be replaced with the same update tomorrow. The last vacation they went on. Blah, blah, blah. 

I'm not watching to get a family update, I want to know before I buy something if it is something I want and is worth the money I'm spending on it. 

I also do not want, or need, the most expensive item in that line. Example: Most treadmills end up with clothing hanging on them, and eventually in a garage sale, so how about one that is not the top of the line and costs a fortune? Same with a blender. You get the idea. If I am not going to use the item daily, I'm not going to pay top dollar. I need a radio alarm clock to wake me in the morning. Concert sound is not what I'm looking for. Just an irritating noise that wakes me and gets me out of bed. $29.99 not $499.99.

Learn from your mistakes or the local store will make the sale, and I won't have to listen to all the adorable things their kid did today.

Well writtten!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

OMG, and if I hear busy mom, busy working mom, mom of five (this intro is constantly used at one vendor in particular), mom or grandmom getting on the floor in their stretchy pants.  My question is, what happened to their furniture and why are they always on the floor?  LOL!

Honored Contributor

@Moonlady wrote:

ITA. The cherry on the banana split was when, during a handbag presentation, a [newer] host (who shall remain nameless) said, "You can check out the colors online." Huh?

Granted, there were purses in a variety of colors, but had everyone not been flapping their gums, the host should have been able to give an occasional and quick recap of colors--plus, give a "tour" of the purses/linings--just as the seasoned professionals have been doing for years.

*sigh* I guess Mary Beth (who'd have been putting purses of the same color but different shades next to each other so the viewers could see the difference), has to do everything...

Mary Beth and Carolyn always give great presentations.  They are so good with details.  They should be doing the trainings.

Honored Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:

I don't care for shows wth the "party atmosphere" with the host and her/his  5 companions sitting around eating, chatting, giggling, etc.  I don't think I have ever purchased anything from that type of show.  Usually change the channel.

Me too,  I ordred the sunglasses last week because carolyn presented them and it was calm and I could here what she was saying and she never went near the models to walk in front of them or try to change what they were wearing.  First thing I ordered from Q in a long time.  Love the glasses.Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt  JC and KZ (Katrina, not Kristine Zell she is actually my favorite lol) are the ONLY hosts on the Q that I REFUSE to watch. I have NO idea how JC even made it, must have connections or something b/c her presentations are absolutely horrible. JMO 

~ Hope in TN ~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@Moonlady wrote:

Mary Beth and Carolyn always give great presentations.  They are so good with details.  They should be doing the trainings.

@sunshine 919 

I hate to tell you this, but Mary Beth IS a trainer for the new hosts......she posted blogs on the forum and introduced each host and talked about the training on her Facebook Page....

Carolyn and Leah do a great job on their presentations....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@BrandiDavis wrote:

@Spurt  JC and KZ (Katrina, not Kristine Zell she is actually my favorite lol) are the ONLY hosts on the Q that I REFUSE to watch. I have NO idea how JC even made it, must have connections or something b/c her presentations are absolutely horrible. JMO 

@BrandiDavis 

Katrina spells her last name Szish...so was a bit confused about KZ vs KS in your post, but figured it out... Smiley Wink ....Well everyone has their own tastes and preferences regarding hosts they like and don't like, but to me KZ is the one I wonder how she even made it....she just seems so insincere and scripted to me and ill prepared....

JC co-owned a boutique in my town and also did TV spots on fashion on the local "LifeStyle" shows......When she first came to QVC she was a decent host, but then she changed her presentation style a bit....To me she's OK, but that's because some of the newer hosts are SO BAD.....I think she does a good job with jewelry.....

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@Moonlady wrote:

@sunshine 919 

I hate to tell you this, but Mary Beth IS a trainer for the new hosts......she posted blogs on the forum and introduced each host and talked about the training on her Facebook Page....

Carolyn and Leah do a great job on their presentations....

Well some of them are not listening lol.  I never read the blogs.  Thanks for the info.Smiley Happy