Honored Contributor

Re: Please stop all the useless chatter & nonsense!

[ Edited ]

@MomCat wrote:

Useless chatter is certainly annoying, but the business model of all the shopping channels is a lengthy presentation of each item.  I know there are a few who tune in for long periods of time, but the rest of us flip channels.  If I see anything of interest to me I may watch for awhile, but most likely I'm going to the .com to see the other items in that hour.  Of course, if I know what the special value item for the day is, I don't tune in at all because the day will be planned around that type product.  All these channels must still have plenty of sales or they would have been long gone by now.  I became an occasional shopper years ago, vs a regular shopper.  I just can't overpay because I let a hardcore salesman in my living room.  The buyer's remorse is too painful.  LOL! 

@MomCat 

Look at their financial reports.......their sales/revenues have declined for many quarters now so this approach is driving viewers and sales away....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I don't care for shows wth the "party atmosphere" with the host and her/his  5 companions sitting around eating, chatting, giggling, etc.  I don't think I have ever purchased anything from that type of show.  Usually change the channel.

Honored Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:

I don't care for shows wth the "party atmosphere" with the host and her/his  5 companions sitting around eating, chatting, giggling, etc.  I don't think I have ever purchased anything from that type of show.  Usually change the channel.

@Daysdee 

If these hosts/vendors want their own talk shows they need to move on to another career and TV channel....These shows are all about the hosts and vendors, we hardly get any info on products anymore (except for colors)....Woman Frustrated

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Regular Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Daysdee wrote:

@Daysdee 

If these hosts/vendors want their own talk shows they need to move on to another career and TV channel....These shows are all about the hosts and vendors, we hardly get any info on products anymore (except for colors)....Woman Frustrated

Except for colors and telling us 4 million times how many have flown out the door.  The only way anyone will listen is when we all stop tuning in. 

Trusted Contributor

@mollymaggie wrote:

Why so critical  I love it  I love hearing about their lives etc  I guess I watch QVC for alot more than shopping  

You are being sarcastic,  right?

Trusted Contributor

@HB glamma wrote:
Why aggravate yourself?! Just don’t watch. You can order online from so many sites.

I really wish you would stop saying that. We watch to get more information on the item that qvc hosts should be telling me. I like seeing what it looks like on, or how to use it correctly. No, you can't  watch the video because its the same nonsense as the live show

Contributor

I agree!  We need to know the sizing.  So tired of the sizing being off.  Tried of paying for shipping.  The Hosts make it sound so easy if you get the wrong size.  It takes so long to get your order and if it's the wrong size you have to send the order back before you can get the right size.  That takes at least a month. Or the item is sold!  I'm still waiting for the Today's Special jeans from Laurie Felt.  I bought them right when they were first presented.  From the reviews it sounds like another item going back...

Trusted Contributor

Angel was presenting Quaker Factory during the overnight hours and she humorously and gently reminded the host--whom I have never seen: has red hair-- to give measurements for the jeans. She also reminded her to ask about the origin of the jeans. It was a good pivot to the product and the host should not have been embarrassed.

Honored Contributor

@willomenia wrote:

@mollymaggie wrote:

Why so critical  I love it  I love hearing about their lives etc  I guess I watch QVC for alot more than shopping  

You are being sarcastic,  right?

@willomenia  I don't t think she is.  From what I read here many viewers watch QVC to keep them company, regard the hosts/vendors as "friends."  Not my definition of a "shopping channel" but for some I guess it fills a void.

Respected Contributor

I am finding that MOST of the K*rap on TeeVee is so moronic and infantile, I can count on one hand the stations/programs where I DO have the volume turned on!!!

ANY live show is too much today. Jabber, squealing, nonsense gibberish, personal tidbits...who cares?!?!?!?!

About the ONLY shows I watch WITH the volume turned up is the ID network and Forensic Files ( which thank goodness is going to have some new shows soon)...

I like the Bloomberg network for stock market news. They run a few lines on the right side of the screen that tells all I need to know about today's "news" without noise, opinions, commentary and half naked women, and five people on the set. Even that network I keep the volume off...I just need to SEE the ticker. The news readers on that channel are at least professional.

A bit off topic, but those of you who like crime shows/channels....ahve you aver noticed how they do the SAME CRIMINAL STORIES over and over and over and over again, in different iterations?!?!?

Manson family, Casey Anthony, the guy who put his kids in the oil tanks, Jody Arias Ted Bundy, the Killer Clown guy, Dahmer....with all the crime in this country, WHY keep doing the same ole same ole stories?!?!??!?!?

Sheeeesh. We KNOW the endings already!!!!