Honored Contributor

Re: Please stop all the useless chatter & nonsense!

I would also appreciate it if the people who pick the color of the garment would find a way to put the REAL color somewhere in the name.

Those weird names they give a garment or shoes often doesn’t have the color anywhere in the description.  When they show the items all together...I STILL don’t know which is blue, green, etc.

Just stick the color somewhere in the name..please.  Maybe the predominant color in a multi-colored shoe or garment.

Actually, rather than the camera focusing on the host and guest, why not focus on the item being sold.  

Ok, I’m on a roll here...how about having the models wear or hold up a sign with the name of the garment ...kinda like “sunrise yellow”?

I mean the models don’t move around anyway, we seldom see the back of a shirt unless it’s to show how the pants lift up the butt.

I’ve asked before if the models could walk around with the shoes on.  I want to see if the shoes flop, roll to the side, etc.

Now we’re getting to warm weather clothes and shoes.  Do flip flops stay straight or do they turn off of the foot?

OK I’ll stop.  It doesn’t do any good anyway...soooooo moving right along.....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

My option for years has been to record shows, FF on mute and write down any item #s of interest (usually none). They can always be checked out online and even the accompanying video can be muted. 

@Shanus 

But the bad side of recording is that a particular size or color that you like is sold out by the time you watch a recording....

@Spurt   Definitely a downside, but for me, the lesser of two evils. Nothing on Q can't be found somewhere else or I can make do without it. 

@Shanus 

But sometimes if its one of the FEW brands I DO like and QVC has a good price my size tends to sell out quickly so I DO like to watch the live programs....Like the Ryka sneakers they had on sale the other day where they beat the price at Stein Mart, DSW, and Marshalls....if I had recorded it I would have missed out on my size and color....and would have ended up paying more ....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

It must be because we are old that we don't like chatter and nonsense.

Our CBS affiliate has on at 4 p.m. has on what used to be a news show.  It is the dumbest chatter and "cute" stuff from the internet and yap yap yap about this stuff.

They go on and then some woman comes out and cooks something everybody knows how to "cook" and more yapping and giggling.

There are events and things going on in OKC I would love to go to and take advantage, but if it ever gets to the "news" program, it's already happened.

Sad that so much going on around here and so little time for it because the news paper have to giggle and surf the net.

Is it just OKC or is it what passes for news where you live?

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Tadaki wrote:

@MarkeieMark wrote:

ITA, and while they're at it they can cut out the useless phone calls too.

These actually sound very staged now.  The callers will sometimes mention how they told the CS person they had worn the brand for years, etc.  Sounds like CS primes them for things to say once they are on air.  

@Tadaki   Not sure if Nick C. still does this, but when call came in, used to run towards camera and give fake kisses. Obnoxious and false.

@Shanus I'm happy to say I never saw that!

Esteemed Contributor

@Tadaki wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Tadaki wrote:

@MarkeieMark wrote:

ITA, and while they're at it they can cut out the useless phone calls too.

These actually sound very staged now.  The callers will sometimes mention how they told the CS person they had worn the brand for years, etc.  Sounds like CS primes them for things to say once they are on air.  

@Tadaki   Not sure if Nick C. still does this, but when call came in, used to run towards camera and give fake kisses. Obnoxious and false.

@Shanus I'm happy to say I never saw that!

Yea, I saw that scene  nad then I made sure I never watched or bought any of his products - another one is that Wen  guy  or the Skinn cosmetic guy that was on SHOPNBC ....  Fake Fake 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner wrote:

Our CBS affiliate has on at 4 p.m. has on what used to be a news show.  It is the dumbest chatter and "cute" stuff from the internet and yap yap yap about this stuff.

They go on and then some woman comes out and cooks something everybody knows how to "cook" and more yapping and giggling.

There are events and things going on in OKC I would love to go to and take advantage, but if it ever gets to the "news" program, it's already happened.

Sad that so much going on around here and so little time for it because the news paper have to giggle and surf the net.

@Sooner 

No, it's not just OKC.  All of our local stations have those "news" shows.  I normally just watch when I want to see the weather, but I have to listen to their insipid cute interaction to see it.  

The 5, 6, and 10 pm news programs aren't so bad, but even they have to have a few minutes of cutesy talk when switching from anchor to anchor.  I guess it's become mandatory.  Along with the personal opinion comments after a "real"news story: "How sad!", "That was horrible!", "Adorable!"  Please, just read the news--which they can barely do anymore without stumbling or mispronouncing something.

Reminds me of the Q.  Although at least they're not kissing and hugging each other--yet!

Esteemed Contributor

I am glad that the O/P has started this thread. I am always ending up ordering the wrong size or color. I wish they would spend more time on measurements on certain garments.

Respected Contributor

Please refocus the presentation on the item for sale. I don't want "all business," cold robots selling something, but the silliness has taken over. Lose The Fri-Yay--they sound like my parents trying to be hip teenagers. It's cringeworthy. The fantasy scenarios of where I'm going to wear a pair of capris are ludicrous. All this simp!y reinforces to me that QVC has miscalculated the shopping IQ of its customer base. I don't appreciate being considered gullible. 

Respected Contributor

Useless chatter is certainly annoying, but the business model of all the shopping channels is a lengthy presentation of each item.  I know there are a few who tune in for long periods of time, but the rest of us flip channels.  If I see anything of interest to me I may watch for awhile, but most likely I'm going to the .com to see the other items in that hour.  Of course, if I know what the special value item for the day is, I don't tune in at all because the day will be planned around that type product.  All these channels must still have plenty of sales or they would have been long gone by now.  I became an occasional shopper years ago, vs a regular shopper.  I just can't overpay because I let a hardcore salesman in my living room.  The buyer's remorse is too painful.  LOL! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@geezerette wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Sooner 

No, it's not just OKC.  All of our local stations have those "news" shows.  I normally just watch when I want to see the weather, but I have to listen to their insipid cute interaction to see it.  

The 5, 6, and 10 pm news programs aren't so bad, but even they have to have a few minutes of cutesy talk when switching from anchor to anchor.  I guess it's become mandatory.  Along with the personal opinion comments after a "real"news story: "How sad!", "That was horrible!", "Adorable!"  Please, just read the news--which they can barely do anymore without stumbling or mispronouncing something.

Reminds me of the Q.  Although at least they're not kissing and hugging each other--yet!

@geezerette  @Sooner 

All 4 of the broadcast channels here have what I call "LifeStyle" News Shows where they cook, or highlight local events/celebrities or restaurants....or most of the time they act silly and spend most of the show talking  about THEMSELVES....Woman Frustrated  After watching a few I AVOID them like the plague....(they very much remind me of QVC)

What I hate about the regular newscasts 5, 6, 6:30, 10....is they report on a news story, but dont really have very much info and promise they will return to the story with more details....BUT THEY NEVER DO....its been months, and a few stories its been a couple years now you think about gee, whatever happened with this story or that story but they've been totally abandoned   ....so why even mention them or put them on air in the first place ....Woman Frustrated probably the story didnt turn out as exciting or controversial as they hoped is my guess...

And there's a couple of female co-anchor with the male anchor, there's one of them I CANNOT STAND....she gripes and complains about her job and schedule ON AIR, she complained she had to do the 10PM Newscast (normally she does the 5PM/6PM)....or griped that she had to work a couple weekend shifts and complained when she had to fill in while someone was on vacation she remarked, "Thank God that's over"..She gripes about doing the 4th of July Party or New Year's Party that they broadcast on air,  She complained about doing a special when our NBA Spurs won the Championship and caught herself and tried to back tracks saying....Oh I was thinking that perhaps so and so wouldve enjoyed this, since shes such a big Spurs fan (yah, right).....She said she was buying a lottery ticket in the hopes she can retire.... I DONT KNOW WHY SHE HASNT BEEN FIRED!!!!   There was another popular female co-anchor that they did let go and everyone was sad....to me the station picked the wrong one to say GOODBYE to....

Then there's "The Troubleshooters" ....now some of them do a good job of investigative reporting on stories viewers brought to their attention....Overcharging on hospital bills,  or taxpayer money being wasted on foolish projects, or unethical behavior from School Boards etc....But a couple of the Troubleshooters are legends in their own mind.....  there was an old old sidewalk in need of repair (it was from the 40's with glass cobblestones, and the glass was cracked or missing and in need of repair)....the sidewalk was owned by the retailer and the retailer should have it reported it to the city to have it fixed but never did...Well Ms. Troubleshooter jumped on this story...and you would have thought she found the cure for cancer the way the station and she embellished it.....The sidewalk did get repaired, but in all the "Troubleshooter" promos there's Ms. Troubleshooter taking a bow for her "hard work".....sometimes the poor guy that saved people thousands of dollars in mischarged hospital bills gets a brief mention once in awhile but not as much as Ms. Sidewalk as I like to call her...LOL

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”