Valued Contributor

Re: Please stop all the useless chatter & nonsense!

@Spurt wrote:

@BrandiDavis wrote:

@Spurt  JC and KZ (Katrina, not Kristine Zell she is actually my favorite lol) are the ONLY hosts on the Q that I REFUSE to watch. I have NO idea how JC even made it, must have connections or something b/c her presentations are absolutely horrible. JMO 

@BrandiDavis 

Katrina spells her last name Szish...so was a bit confused about KZ vs KS in your post, but figured it out... Smiley Wink ....Well everyone has their own tastes and preferences regarding hosts they like and don't like, but to me KZ is the one I wonder how she even made it....she just seems so insincere and scripted to me and ill prepared....

JC co-owned a boutique in my town and also did TV spots on fashion on the local "LifeStyle" shows......When she first came to QVC she was a decent host, but then she changed her presentation style a bit....To me she's OK, but that's because some of the newer hosts are SO BAD.....I think she does a good job with jewelry.....

@Spurt  HAHA I'm ss I was thinking "Zish" totally forgetting the S is essentially silent. Oh, and I'm talking about Julia Cearley (newest host), forgetting that Jen Coffey also has the same initials HAHA--I'm just all to he** aren't I? too funny! I actually don't mind Jen Coffey, except she is constantly pursing her lips to make them appear "pouty" and it's terribly obvious. Anyone else notice that?

~ Hope in TN ~
Regular Contributor

I agree too. I don't care about chit chat of "what's your least favorite Thanksgiving food" or silly "stories" about wearing a particular item of clothing. It's not Ellen or Kelly Clarkson show and yes I change the channel although I shouldn't have to - I never had to before all this self-indulgent host talk became the norm.
Respected Contributor

All the stories and chit-chat notwithstanding, wasn't it kinda fun during ITKWD  (I think that was the show) when they had the chicken wing eating contest?  Boy, Jayne Brown can hold her own against the guys, eh?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BrandiDavis wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@BrandiDavis wrote:

@Spurt  JC and KZ (Katrina, not Kristine Zell she is actually my favorite lol) are the ONLY hosts on the Q that I REFUSE to watch. I have NO idea how JC even made it, must have connections or something b/c her presentations are absolutely horrible. JMO 

@BrandiDavis 

Katrina spells her last name Szish...so was a bit confused about KZ vs KS in your post, but figured it out... Smiley Wink ....Well everyone has their own tastes and preferences regarding hosts they like and don't like, but to me KZ is the one I wonder how she even made it....she just seems so insincere and scripted to me and ill prepared....

JC co-owned a boutique in my town and also did TV spots on fashion on the local "LifeStyle" shows......When she first came to QVC she was a decent host, but then she changed her presentation style a bit....To me she's OK, but that's because some of the newer hosts are SO BAD.....I think she does a good job with jewelry.....

@Spurt  HAHA I'm ss I was thinking "Zish" totally forgetting the S is essentially silent. Oh, and I'm talking about Julia Cearley (newest host), forgetting that Jen Coffey also has the same initials HAHA--I'm just all to he** aren't I? too funny! I actually don't mind Jen Coffey, except she is constantly pursing her lips to make them appear "pouty" and it's terribly obvious. Anyone else notice that?

@BrandiDavis  - I also thought you were talking about Jen Coffey when you mentioned JC.  We all need to be careful with initials.  Initials are oftentimes used regarding brands, etc. and I have no idea who is being discussed.  Smiley Happy  Yes, I do notice the pouty lip thing.  Perhaps its a habit and she's not aware she does it....who knows.....then again, maybe it's intended!

Honored Contributor

@BrandiDavis wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@BrandiDavis wrote:

@BrandiDavis 

@BrandiDavis 

Too many hosts with the same initials.....LOL 😆

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

@Zernia Rose... I was watching the presentation for Quacker Factory... The body language between Angel and JCleary was, IMO, so uncomfortable. It seemed Angel was annoyed. To be honest, Angel could have done that presentation by herself.
Carolyn, Leah and Mary Beth continue to do such a great job at giving us information. They just get it.
I don't care about where you worship, your preschool or daycare. Give me info and move on.
Valued Contributor

I have an idea...I think you should view one of your hosts that does so much dancing,telling personal stories,and generally doing everything,other than discuss the product and ,now heres the best part...see how many returns you have for that show.Proper presentations,will create more sales,it just seems to mqke sense.I hope youall will consider this!

Honored Contributor

J. Cleary--definitely not for me.  A channel changer.  I like Stacey S., but wish she wouldn't shout.  Her voice appeal would be better if she toned it down.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mosky wrote:

I have an idea...I think you should view one of your hosts that does so much dancing,telling personal stories,and generally doing everything,other than discuss the product and ,now heres the best part...see how many returns you have for that show.Proper presentations,will create more sales,it just seems to mqke sense.I hope youall will consider this!

@mosky 

Even in the Financial Reports, or Stockholder Info, or Press Releases we dont have access to information on individual hosts or shows......They may only mention the percentage of overall returns, sometimes they don't mention returns at all.....However, the reports do show that revenues/sales have been down for several quarters, and they do show how specific categories are doing, although specific brands are not indicated in the public reports...The reports do indicate how many on-air products are sold versus those that were not presented and purchased by just going to the website...  

According to interviews the Execs have access to info on how host's are doing and this data is also used for raises in salaries, and for bonuses,  also they use this date as to why a host's contracts are not renewed by QVC, but that wont be made public either, if a host leaves they may indicate "host left to explore another opportunity", or "spend time with the family",  etc etc ..... OR a host may simply get tired of the job but they arent going to tell the public that either....although one host that left hinted on her personal Facebook Page her leaving "wasn't her choice".....

@mosky 

One indicator of a poor presentation is the Q&A section potential customers asked about that  product on the website......If there are a lot of questions and many of them are never answered that means the presentation failed and did not provide adquate info on the product..... 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

Spurt, I'm late reading posts.  Thaks, she is the one.