Honored Contributor

Re: Please stop all the useless chatter & nonsense!

[ Edited ]

For me personally, I don't need someone's opinion on a shopping channel on what I should purchase. They don't know my closet or vanity drawers. The hosts also have no fashion or beauty expertise...only the vendors (sometimes).

I know what I'm looking for and can go online in 15 minutes, find what I'm looking for, click on color/size, put in cart, place order and done. No insane conversations, sales pressure, giggling, FB questions, hosts talking to their producer in their ear piece, no stories about Aunt Sally, what's flying out or last order of the year, or "variety show" spinoffs, etc. Much more relaxing and time saving.

Valued Contributor

At one time you learned about the item being sold.

The ladies selling clothing had a tape measure and they told you the length of the sleeves, across the shoulders, body of the garment length, and they told you to measure your own body so you knew if that garment would fit you. You didn't need to order it, wait 2 weeks for it to get to you, try it on and then waste time and gas taking it back to the post office to return it. You knew it fit. Not now.

If they sold an electronics item, they told you how to use it. What it was capable of. Not that they had one in every room of their home. 

If they were selling a kitchen gadget, it was 1 item you didn't have to buy one for every family member. They also taught you how to use it the right way. 

Today, it's all about the salesperson and/or the vendor. How many children they have. What they did the last date night. The most adorable thing some child in the family did today, to be replaced with the same update tomorrow. The last vacation they went on. Blah, blah, blah. 

I'm not watching to get a family update, I want to know before I buy something if it is something I want and is worth the money I'm spending on it. 

I also do not want, or need, the most expensive item in that line. Example: Most treadmills end up with clothing hanging on them, and eventually in a garage sale, so how about one that is not the top of the line and costs a fortune? Same with a blender. You get the idea. If I am not going to use the item daily, I'm not going to pay top dollar. I need a radio alarm clock to wake me in the morning. Concert sound is not what I'm looking for. Just an irritating noise that wakes me and gets me out of bed. $29.99 not $499.99.

Learn from your mistakes or the local store will make the sale, and I won't have to listen to all the adorable things their kid did today.

Honored Contributor

I couldn't agree more!  It is very frustrating trying to watch a presentation.  I like Leah alot but her fashions shows are crazy with the question of the day.  Having people on FB tell their answers.  Who really cares what food they like.   

Esteemed Contributor

ITA, and I feel the FB nonsense needs to go!   I'm not on FB nor do I care about those who are.  It's just a silly waste of time.  My gripe is the constant overlooking on sizing.

Leah is pretty good at discussing it but many other hosts do not and with inconsistant sizing you really need to know if the models are in their true size.  Many times I have learned they size up or down depending on the clothing, ya think that might help out your customers?????

Honored Contributor

@gaga wrote:

I would really apprereciate if the hosts on the fashion shows would stop all the silliness & talk not pertaining to the item they are showing & give us the details ie. the length of the garment.  If I''m watching & am not by my PC or Phone I have to look up the item before I purchase it.  The hosts & sometimes even the Vendors talk about everything but what pertains to the item they are selling.  I don't care about their Sister's, Kids  or  what they are doing outside of the Q.  Just give us the pertinent info PLEASE!!!!!  

If I want something from Q I watch presentation on line.  If the host on line is hard to watch I just read the info. and order that way.  If I want to watch hosts who are calm and not all over the place I watch other channels. I ordered The sunglasses a few days ago.  It was early morning and fortunately Carolyn was the presenter and it was pleasant to watch and I ordered the glasses.  Carolyn gives all the details during her presentations. Carolyn and Mary Beth are really good at verbally giving details and showing details.  They are a pleasure to watchSmiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

I also record the shows I'm interested in.  Sometimes the hosts go on and on that has nothing to do with the product they're selling. Also, if there is a certain host I don't care for, I just zip through the recording or delete it.

Honored Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

ITA, and I feel the FB nonsense needs to go!   I'm not on FB nor do I care about those who are.  It's just a silly waste of time.  My gripe is the constant overlooking on sizing.

Leah is pretty good at discussing it but many other hosts do not and with inconsistant sizing you really need to know if the models are in their true size.  Many times I have learned they size up or down depending on the clothing, ya think that might help out your customers?????

@LindaSal  ITA about the sizing issue especially when asking a model their height while selling a top. Uh, knowing their bust/bra size would be helpful. Being 5'9" & wearing size S tells me nothing about it runs in the chest area. 

Valued Contributor

SB is one of the worse to talk about how many she owns and how she wore the items. I don't care. Tell me the sizes people are wearing. The fabric. Details. I could care less about how many you have, if you wore it on vacation or to the grocery or sleep in it.
Esteemed Contributor

Some viewers like the chatter and the chit chat (I do not) which is why QVC continues to allow and encourage it (IMO).  QVC seems to believe the segments, particularly the fashion ones need to be entertaining (again IMO) and the result QVC has given the QVC viewer is- free-for-alls- blathering between the hosts and vendors, hosts thinking they are models and doing umpteen costume changes, hosts moving constantly on the set and when they don't know what to do next, "it's lets go over to the girls" (models) and more chit chat.

The hosts seem to rely on those blue cards more than ever but still manage to get lost in mindless conversation and suggestions in that the information about the product on the card is never conveyed.

Honored Contributor

@qbetzforreal wrote:

Some viewers like the chatter and the chit chat (I do not) which is why QVC continues to allow and encourage it (IMO).  QVC seems to believe the segments, particularly the fashion ones need to be entertaining (again IMO) and the result QVC has given the QVC viewer is- free-for-alls- blathering between the hosts and vendors, hosts thinking they are models and doing umpteen costume changes, hosts moving constantly on the set and when they don't know what to do next, "it's lets go over to the girls" (models) and more chit chat.

The hosts seem to rely on those blue cards more than ever but still manage to get lost in mindless conversation and suggestions in that the information about the product on the card is never conveyed.

@qbetzforreal   Isn't it a shame the "big shots" don't ever read these forums? I haven't seen one thread asking for MORE chatter, family stories, nonsense, FB questions, etc.