Frequent Contributor

Please stop all the useless chatter & nonsense!

I would really apprereciate if the hosts on the fashion shows would stop all the silliness & talk not pertaining to the item they are showing & give us the details ie. the length of the garment.  If I''m watching & am not by my PC or Phone I have to look up the item before I purchase it.  The hosts & sometimes even the Vendors talk about everything but what pertains to the item they are selling.  I don't care about their Sister's, Kids  or  what they are doing outside of the Q.  Just give us the pertinent info PLEASE!!!!!  

Valued Contributor

Re: Please stop all the useless chatter & nonsense!

Don't forget repeatedly saying "Happy Fri-yay".  I don't get why they think adults are entertained or amused by this.

Honored Contributor

@gaga wrote:

I would really apprereciate if the hosts on the fashion shows would stop all the silliness & talk not pertaining to the item they are showing & give us the details ie. the length of the garment.  If I''m watching & am not by my PC or Phone I have to look up the item before I purchase it.  The hosts & sometimes even the Vendors talk about everything but what pertains to the item they are selling.  I don't care about their Sister's, Kids  or  what they are doing outside of the Q.  Just give us the pertinent info PLEASE!!!!!  

You are so right, and before someone says look up the info online, if I have to do that, why have a tv presentation ?

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

If they cut out all the useless chatter, just think of how many more products they could present.  More products presented may even lead to more sales.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

One of the many reasons I no longer watch for more than a couple of minutes.  No item except maybe electronics needs more than 5 or 6 minutes to present.  Who wants to watch the same thing for 15 or more minutes???  Personally, I don't think any of the shopping channels are long for this world.  Easier just to go to a website and order from there.

Valued Contributor

Amen!!!! After the vacation talk, kid talk, the time is up for the item bring presented.
Honored Contributor

I totally agree!

One time in particular I was interested in some lipstick and was watching beauty IQ.  The host & vendor kept talking about their husband & boyfriend and going on a date...blah, blah, blah but never ONCE mentioned the colors offered! 

Needless to say I didn't make a purchase.

Honored Contributor

My option for years has been to record shows, FF on mute and write down any item #s of interest (usually none). They can always be checked out online and even the accompanying video can be muted. 

Honored Contributor

If you want "deep philosophy".......tune in to JTV...........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Regular Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

One of the many reasons I no longer watch for more than a couple of minutes.  No item except maybe electronics needs more than 5 or 6 minutes to present.  Who wants to watch the same thing for 15 or more minutes???  Personally, I don't think any of the shopping channels are long for this world.  Easier just to go to a website and order from there.

@kaydee50 I agree with you about the shopping channels being on much longer.   Dying shopping malls and many stores going out of business shows you what is happening in retail. QVC and HSN are becoming obsolete..Too many more options out there.