Valued Contributor

Re: Please lower prices more than $3

It appears to me as if QVC waits until they send items to a QVC outlet store before actually doing what a call a real markdown.   Just a guess or maybe that is why on some items reviews are over one year old.  They keep merchandise forever versus turning over their stock. 

As usual from me, this is just a guess as I really have NO idea as you can tell. Man Wink

Esteemed Contributor

The Q's merchandise should have an expiration date on them. They simply just do not have Seasonal sales like B&M retail. If you will notice, anything on Clearance from the Q is only on Clearance b/c it will never return.

Other products with 10% off are called Feature Prices. Of course, they send unsold merchandise to outlets, not giving their loyal customers a chance at good sales prices. I'm sure they're squeezing every penny possible from unsold merchandise. Not very nice to deprive their loyal customers.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Q isn't on par with other retailers that clear out their inventory each season. Q will keep a top or pants, purses, jewelry, and even shoes in inventory for several years, sometimes decades. Clearance to them means they can't reorder. Or the item had tons of returns and horrid reviews and then they become LTS items. As long as the item sells and they can reorder, no sales for us. And even when on clearance on discount is not much.

Honored Contributor

What's hilarious is that it has become extremely easy to say no to the TSV because I know that it will go into Q's stock (eventually) and will only cost me $5 more to buy it in the future if I want it so why hurry, hurry, hurry to buy, buy, buy it now?  Same with the occasional sale and clearance prices.

Now to be fair, they do have a decent clearance/sale price once in awhile....  like on the 18 1/2" Barbara Bixby Necklace that was $350 (approx) and reduced to $199.00 recently~!   And on easy pay.... if it's something you've been looking at for over a year and it's got a decent reduction... well... hard to say no!  Woman Wink

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

@Snoopp  I so agree with you.  $3.00 discount is laughable.

QVC, are you listening?

Esteemed Contributor

Worse yet, they're even offering winter apparel, Old and New Items, @ regular prices ... in January!