Esteemed Contributor

Re: Please, get rid of Skype

@kitcat51 wrote:

Can't handle it then don't watch, shop the website....wanting others to travel for your Q viewing pleasure is ridiculous.

Isn't this response a bit dramatic. I doubt QVC will fly vendors in to satisfy posters on an anonymous board. I think the OP was simply stating her preference. @kitcat51 

Honored Contributor

I had lots of tiny interruptions earlier today, but I was on HLN getting the early morning news, haven't tuned into QVC yet today, so no idea whether my problem was HLN or Xfinity.

Honored Contributor

Some vendors have a much better set up than others. Valerie Parr Hill from home has an excellent set up. She sounds like she is in the studio. 

Honored Contributor

I think Skype is here to stay, COVID or not.

Many business no longer send their employees on business trips anymore.  It is too expensive.  

Some Qvc vendors had to pay to fly, stay over night, get transportation to and from the airport and QVC's studio and pay for meals.

We might as well get used to it.  This is the new normal.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

Many business no longer send their employees on business trips anymore.  It is too expensive.  

Some Qvc vendors had to pay to fly, stay over night, get transportation to and from the airport and QVC's studio and pay for meals.

@Carmie  I think you're right. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@manny2 wrote:

@kitcat51 wrote:

Can't handle it then don't watch, shop the website....wanting others to travel for your Q viewing pleasure is ridiculous.

Isn't this response a bit dramatic. I doubt QVC will fly vendors in to satisfy posters on an anonymous board. I think the OP was simply stating her preference. @kitcat51 

Please explain what's dramatic about my post. I can shop other websites with just an item description, a few pictures & make a purchase so why complain about Q on air presentations with skype...it's ridiculous, deal with it.

Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

I am guessing that the vendors are loving not having to spend the time and the money to travel.  I think going forward only the local vendors will be in the studio, unless QVC decides that the skype way has really be a detriment to the sales volume.

agree if I were a vendor, much nice to set up a studio at home and go on for 10-15 minutes. without traveling for half a day 

now as a viewer most of the remote presentations could be done away with, if a host can't sell a light bulb with out help then there is a problem

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@Carmie    Think about poor Danny Newfeld who had to fly from Israel for a 5 .minute appearance on QVC.  That just doesn't make sense.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I agree with Kachina624's comments, well said. I don't see what the difference is in having the vendor in the studio or through Skype.  It doesn't affect me at all as far as buying or getting information.  My opinion.

Respected Contributor

99% of the time it works perfectly. It will remain on the Q as well as all over TV from news to talk shows.