Honored Contributor

Re: Please, don't push me.....

@LindaSal wrote:

My thing is as people mentioned the buy more and "save" tactic.  Save what?????? I end up tripling my shipping and then they add sales tax on top of it........Much less $ to buy one item and if I go to the store I save the shipping fees!!!!   It is really crazy because you may catch the item you want on lunchtime specials for half the price next week!!!!!  LOL

And true they need to address their shipping fees Smiley Sad

@LindaSal   It's clear to me.  You save on the price of the item if you want a second or third or more....of the same item.  It's still a buy more and save.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee I guess that is true.  So what you are saving is actually going towards shipping right?

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LindaSal wrote:

@Pearlee I guess that is true.  So what you are saving is actually going towards shipping right?

I wish they'd do "second item ships free" with the buy more and save.

Esteemed Contributor

No @LilMadi, I'm not annoyed by salespersons who encourage sales.

Unlike you, I never had the feeling I was being 'pushed', but then again, I never feel they're addressing me personally. It's all just so much blather, with a few pertinent facts thrown in.

But you will find no shortage of fellow posters who will leap in to any thread with a 'bash the hosts' theme.

Have fun!

Honored Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

@LindaSal  Well I don't know. You can think of it that way if you choose to.  If I'm saving $4 or whatever amount, I'm saving it - it doesn't matter where it comes from in the "deal."

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@LindaSal wrote:

@LindaSal  Well I don't know. You can think of it that way if you choose to.  If I'm saving $4 or whatever amount, I'm saving it - it doesn't matter where it comes from in the "deal."

@LindaSal On second thought -no, that's technically wrong.  Literally, if you look at your receipt, the discount does come off the item price - if you want to get correct about it.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't fall for the buying more than one....but my Mom used to....she would buy 3 of everything she bought except jewelry. My brother and I got the same things for Christmas even though  we were in our 50's

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee I understand your point but in the end you are still spending the money regardless if it's listed in the product column or the shipping column!!   Didn't mean to  offend, just saying it would be a better deal if they gave us a break on shipping that's all.

Honored Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

@Pearlee I understand your point but in the end you are still spending the money regardless if it's listed in the product column or the shipping column!!   Didn't mean to  offend, just saying it would be a better deal if they gave us a break on shipping that's all.

@LindaSal  I wasn't at all offended.  But I think it's important to understand how  it works, because should you need to return one of the items, you'd be docked the $3 shipping charge and you'd only get a refund for the less expensive item no matter how you mentally arrive at the "buy more and save" discount

Honored Contributor

It's a salesman job to push to get you to buy.  It sounds like you have it under control, so why complain?