Valued Contributor

Please, don't push me.....

[ Edited ]

Is anyone else annoyed with the hosts pushing for the customers to purchase more than one of this and that item?  I will never buy something because someone tells me I should, or I will regret it if I don't, I'll wish I had more, yada yada yada.  No one is going to part with their money if they don't want to.  Here's an eye opener, the more you tell someone to buy one thing, the less they can spend on another thing.  Please, stop this unnecessary practice, it actually makes me want to NOT buy. 

Addition:  Just trying to make myself more clear.  While I'm well aware and do understand anyone can say no, it's up to each person, it's their job etc-my post was simply whether or not anyone else found it annoying to constantly hear it during the presentations.  Hope this helps.

"I never changed, I just learned."
QVC Customer Care

Re: Please, don't push me.....

Honored Contributor

Sales tactics don't have any effect on me whatsoever.  I  buy what I want.  I'm only concerned with the product specs.  No sales tactics annoy me - they are just doing their job.

Trusted Contributor

Welcome to Qvc forum where you get bashed for your thoughts here.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

StrayToStay-LOL!  That's exactly what I feared and happened!!!!!!  I want to thank YOU though for being a kind and decent person~

Esteemed Contributor

I used to fall for this with fashion presentations when they had buy more/save more or reduced shipping on second item.  Now I'm not interested in having duplicates in the closet even if they are different colors.

Valued Contributor

Smart.

Valued Contributor

Thank you QVC Customer Care, appreciate you preventing me from seeing the unkind comment.

Honored Contributor

I can't remember the last time I felt pushed by any shopping channel host.  For me there are many degrees of separation and that makes it easy for me to ignore those words.

I don't like in-person pleas -  you know, the sales clerk who wants to put the item aside for a few hours;  just give me your name. Even pushier are "pre-sales" some of the department stores do.  That gimmick has you buying, but having to return on the actual sale day to get the item.  I wonder how many shoppers buy something else while they're back in the store. 

Honored Contributor

I've been seeing that same sales pitch for the entire time I've watched QVC, starting in 1986.