Esteemed Contributor

Re: Please, don't push me.....

@Spurt wrote:

@wildcat fan wrote:

My mom falls for it with the kitchen gadgets and buys one for herself and one for my sister and/or me.  For the most part, I've liked those gifts and used them quite a bit, so I guess in that context the sales pitch works out fine. Just have to be sure the recipient on the gift list is interested in having whatever Q is selling. 😊

@wildcat fan

Your mom sounds like just the person the QVC hosts/vendors are targeting............

@Spurt Most definitely!  

I can't believe all the kitchen gadgets she's bought me over the years (even more for herself)! She always has some Q food in the freezer and buys several of those large canisters of chocolates and individually wrapped cookies for Christmas gifts.  In the Kitchen with David is her favorite show and she gets all tickled when he does the happy dance or yum yum face.  🙄 She often calls me on Sundays to ask what I liked in David's show.  She'll say, "If David (or Mary Beth) likes it, you know it's good!" 😜 

No worries about the future of QVC as long as Mama Wildcat fan in Kentucky is near the remote!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wildcat fan wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@wildcat fan wrote:

My mom falls for it with the kitchen gadgets and buys one for herself and one for my sister and/or me.  For the most part, I've liked those gifts and used them quite a bit, so I guess in that context the sales pitch works out fine. Just have to be sure the recipient on the gift list is interested in having whatever Q is selling. 😊

@wildcat fan

Your mom sounds like just the person the QVC hosts/vendors are targeting............

@Spurt Most definitely!  

I can't believe all the kitchen gadgets she's bought me over the years (even more for herself)! She always has some Q food in the freezer and buys several of those large canisters of chocolates and individually wrapped cookies for Christmas gifts.  In the Kitchen with David is her favorite show and she gets all tickled when he does the happy dance or yum yum face.  🙄 She often calls me on Sundays to ask what I liked in David's show.  She'll say, "If David (or Mary Beth) likes it, you know it's good!" 😜 

No worries about the future of QVC as long as Mama Wildcat fan in Kentucky is near the remote!

@wildcat fan

LOL!!!  Your mom should buy stock in QVC to get back some of the revenue she's given them.....Woman LOL    We all make a purchase of something "just because" (maybe we've had a rough day, or we want to treat ourselves)....Now if she can't afford it or she can't pay bills because of her QVC shopping, OR she buys all this stuff and never even uses it, then there's a problem.....  

When I started watching QVC maybe 9 years ago---they used to have a lot of unique kitchen gadgets that I didnt see anywhere else so I did buy a FEW of them and still use them today.....great purchases and they save me time in meal preparations......that's a GOOD purchase! Woman Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

Well, their job is to sell, so I guess I expect them to encourage viewers to buy using any means necessary.  I do think It's silly to tell us to buy one for the teacher, mail person, UPS guy, neighbors, friends, family members, and all others you can think of, but I guess it amuses me, it doesn't really bother me.

Esteemed Contributor

@LilMadi wrote:

Hedge:  Oh brother.  You mean like you just did?

To all those who insist on making comments just to be rude to others.  I almost never come here and post a comment, why?  Because of people doing that, based on threads I've read here in the past. 

Why do you feel the need to bash or insult people?  I simply posed a question.  I've read WAY worse things on here.  It seems as though if you're a part of the Q clique, you're in the safe zone.  Otherwise, watch out!.  Well, I AM out, for good, lesson learned, I win.   Play ugly amongst yourselves. 

@LilMadi

You  "win"??

I didn't realize posting here was a win or lose pastime.

I stand by my 1st post. Every word was true and I didn't 'bash or insult' you, as you implied above.

After doing a little homework I saw a good percentage of your posts are indeed  "comments just to be rude to others". So I guess you had personal reason to read more into my earlier post than I actually wrote.

...shoe fits... and all that.

The real laugh came after reading through your assorted bashes of hosts, vendor, Q practices etc, I saw this gem which you wrote just hours before you came after me by name for a making an observation.

I guess you meant everyone except@ me when you wrote:

"I don't think anyone should get bashed for voicing how they feel.  It's everyone's right to express themselves without getting attacked for it.

Lesson learned? Learn this. I truly dont care one whit if you want to spend your time here bashing hosts and everything else Q. Like I said, have fun.

p.s. "Q clique" my sassafras. You clearly didn't do your homework.