Esteemed Contributor

Re: Please, don't push me.....

@on the bay wrote:

@bonnielu-

Lol!-

love the Walmart line. yes, thats pretty much how I compare-so funny-it does win every time!

And you know what I'm realizing this Christmas time around?

I realize that the presentations, esp. with Valerie, make each thing look so special by the way they are arranged and presented. 

I watched Ellen's Ed on Air funny presentation of the fake hand slowly circling the deers in a sweeping mesmerizing manner.

Now I take those images, and think, wait I think I've seen something like that in Rite Aid for $5 or $7, Walmart, Home Goods, etc.

Then I think if I passed that in the store, would I buy it or think I must have that?

And usually my answer is

no.

On QVC, things are usually overpriced and there are similar or even better things I've seen out in many stores.

I'm also taking a really close look at the quality of on air things and reviews. My first purchase in a year did not go well with the bells and the battery box that didn't open.

Still, I think part of the excitement is like an auction, or watching altogether and getting that one thing that looks so special and that you are excited to get.

There is usually one of those in all of this.

But I also have learned to appreciate something that is cute or pretty and think, that is cute but I don't have to have every cute or pretty thing.

However, those birds and that upcoming birdhouse, they really are cute!

It is fun to see something that just calls to you, but this time around I'm being really really cautious and like most of us who love Christmas, I like what I have and certainly don't need more or have room for it anyway!

Anyway, Happy shopping. Hope we have fun watching or finding that one special thing, or not!Smiley Happy 

I also,just watched the video with Ellen and the deer and the fake nails on the glove and cracked up laughing

Honored Contributor

You have a TV set with a hand that reaches out ???????

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Put it on "mute."  90% of what the the hosts say is useless anyway and the necessary info  can be found on the website.  I do like to see the items being worn but otherwise disregard what is being said.

Esteemed Contributor

I think they pass on to all the hosts their latest research sales tactics. And the hosts get to work. It's like water on a duck's back to me.

Respected Contributor

@LilMadi I really watch QVC anymore because I know longer find the merchandise interesting, but if I do happen to switch over, I know that they are trying to sell me something so I am not annoyed if they push, push, push. That is their job. If it bothers you, switch channels or hit the mute button. If I'm looking for something, I find it easier to go to the website and browse because I don't need to waste my time watching the TV channel. It's a 24 hour infomercial channel and if one doesn't understand that –  I'm not saying that YOU don't because you obviously do get it – then just don't watch.  I admit I don't understand how anyone can watch QVC for entertainment, but that's just me. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hedge:  Oh brother.  You mean like you just did?

To all those who insist on making comments just to be rude to others.  I almost never come here and post a comment, why?  Because of people doing that, based on threads I've read here in the past. 

Why do you feel the need to bash or insult people?  I simply posed a question.  I've read WAY worse things on here.  It seems as though if you're a part of the Q clique, you're in the safe zone.  Otherwise, watch out!.  Well, I AM out, for good, lesson learned, I win.   Play ugly amongst yourselves. 

"I never changed, I just learned."
Respected Contributor

@LilMadi wrote:

Is anyone else annoyed with the hosts pushing for the customers to purchase more than one of this and that item?  I will never buy something because someone tells me I should, or I will regret it if I don't, I'll wish I had more, yada yada yada.  No one is going to part with their money if they don't want to.  Here's an eye opener, the more you tell someone to buy one thing, the less they can spend on another thing.  Please, stop this unnecessary practice, it actually makes me want to NOT buy. 

Addition:  Just trying to make myself more clear.  While I'm well aware and do understand anyone can say no, it's up to each person, it's their job etc-my post was simply whether or not anyone else found it annoying to constantly hear it during the presentations.  Hope this helps.

So true.  I have even heard 'If I were you I would get more than one".  Besides that one, I am finding more reasons to buy less from the Q  these days.

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@LindaSal wrote:

@Pearlee I understand your point but in the end you are still spending the money regardless if it's listed in the product column or the shipping column!!   Didn't mean to  offend, just saying it would be a better deal if they gave us a break on shipping that's all.

@LindaSal  I wasn't at all offended.  But I think it's important to understand how  it works, because should you need to return one of the items, you'd be docked the $3 shipping charge and you'd only get a refund for the less expensive item no matter how you mentally arrive at the "buy more and save" discount

You will not only pay the original $3.00 postage for returned items but also an additional fee for the return on your end.  I used to be charged about $3.95 to return items on my own without using return slip but I was told at the P.O. that the cost would be $6.00 because they are now including insurance.  Thinking this to be a mistake, I went to another Post Office and they told me the same thing.  So the total cost of the light weight returned item was almost $10.00.  Might just as well have used the attached return slip.

Respected Contributor

I don't feel pushed.  Ultimately the decision is mine.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LilMadi I despise hard-sell pushy salespeople. If I am in a brick and mortar and this happens, I leave. For the TV I can mute, turn it off or change channels. While I find easy-pay and persistent repetitive "buy more save more" talk off-putting, the hosts are after all salespeople first and foremost while on the air. I am not really susceptible to these techniques. If I want it I buy it, assuming the reviews and the people on the forums that have experience with products are favorable This forum has saved me lots of money, as has having to pay shipping both ways if I do need to return something.

Edited to add: @LilMadi  You have every right to post your thoughts and I am tired of those that just have to add their "snarky" comments to a thread. 

“The price of light is less than the cost of darkness.”
– Arthur C. Nielsen