Contributor

Please be sure of your order before you place it

I placed an order for the TSV less than an hour ago.  After watching the presentation, I decided I wanted to change the color.  The web site wouldnt let me alter or cancel the order.  The CSR I talked to couldnt change it either.  She says its been happening a lot.  She DID say I could exchange it when received (no thanks), or order another shoe & she will note my account to have return shipping waived as I attempted to cancel it & couldnt.  I chose that option, since I cant  cancel compltely.  It sure seems like a lot of extra work for everybody involved.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Please be sure of your order before you place it

I have noticed that too -- that I can not cancel orders shortly after I place them.  If they are trying to get orders out sooner, that is great.  But one better be sure they want what they order before making the commitment.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

Wow it takes forever to ship an order so I see no reason that it couldn’t be cancelled or changed within the hour it was placed.

Respected Contributor

@sum1nu The same thing happened to me just last night. I ordered a pair of sneakers. About 10 minutes later I decided I wanted to cancel them. It said it was too late. That is crazy, 10 minutes and it's too late. You're right, make sure you really really want the item in your cart before you hit place order. 

Super Contributor

@sum1nu

The exact thing happened to me....I'd say within 30 minutes I couldn't change the size based on some reviews that said this particular brand runs small. Grrrrrrr....that's ridiculous. I haven't had very good luck with shoes being consistent sizing across all brands at the Q lately, ie Clarks, Earth, etc. 

Honored Contributor

Isn’t there a cooling off period?I remember orders had to be cancelled or changed by noon the next day.

Esteemed Contributor

I would guess this is tied to inventory tracking and making sure the correct quantities of items are listed as being available in the system to accommodate customer orders. The processing time and shipping delays are totally separate issues.

I've noticed that this "locked in" state seems to be especially unchangeable for items where you need to select multiple parameters when ordering, such as this case where you would be choosing a shoe color and size. I've also noticed that items shipped through third-party vendors are absolutely set in stone once you finish the checkout stage, which makes some sense because they have their own processing and delivery requirements.

In general, even though it's annoying at times, I think this is probably a sound business approach so that the Q doesn't end up with hundreds of customers who place orders and have them quickly cancelled due to lack of product. That would be a customer service nightmare, particularly for special sales like TSVs and Big Deals as well as products that have limited quantities to begin with, such as seasonal items.

Esteemed Contributor

Recently I ordered an item and realized I had hit the wrong item number. I did a live chat to have the order corrected and the CS rep was extremely helpful and fixed my error.

Esteemed Contributor

Not the only place this is happening.  It seems the orders are rushed.. not just from QVC but elsewhere so your advice is a good one.  

Super Contributor

@loriqvc

I agree with almost all of what you said lol. I think these will ship directly from the manufacturer, which does give less flexibility in the ordering process.......but it's still a pain to not be able to edit within 30 minutes. Smiley Happy