Regular Contributor

I don’t know why it should be the customers problem if you do not receive an order! It should be QVC’s responsibility to track it down or send a timely replacement. They have the clout and know who the shippers are and have all the tracking numbers to do something about the problem.  I had that problem with Amazon and they were very nice and didn’t tell me it was my responsibility to track it down. Amazon took care of the problem.  Once again QVC displays what a cheap company they are, just like sticking it to the customer with return postage on items when they are being returned because of their unreliable sizing!

Esteemed Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

@LisaRN wrote:

I have been a customer with QVC for 20+ years with no signficant issue. As of late, 3 orders I have placed were "LOST" in shipping. I called CS (who was not very friendly) and was told my current purchase is 4 hours away and has been there for 3 days.  Anyone other than me see an issue with this? I was also told nothing could be done for another 3 days. My family lives out of state and I have planned on doing gift shopping with them but how can I trust my orders will be delivered in a timely fashion. I have been shopping with the "world's biggest online retailer" for years and have NEVER had an issue. Guess I am heading there for my Christmas shopping. Thanks for listening and Happy Thanksgiving. 

@LisaRN   If you know who the shipper is, or the PO that is doing this, you need to call them.  Once it leaves QVC it is out of their hands. If it is at a PO call their 800 number and file a complaint.  I had to do that once and I have had excellent service since.  Do not call your main PO  Call the 800 number.  Good Luck.

@BalletBabe

May I remind you ,it is still QVC's responsibility,to get the item to you ,since you bought it from QVC!

Respected Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

@LisaRN wrote:

@BalletBabe How do I figure that out? The USPS was the shiipper all the orders. This order is stuck in Greensboro NC, a previous one in Columbia SC, and lastly the earlier order somewhere in GA. Nothing is consistant other than being lost. 

Try this number.  1-800-275-8777   THey are most likely closed till Friday now.   Have any tracking numbers you have available.   Hope this helps. 

@BalletBabe It was nice of you to provide this number, but be prepared for a long wait time. I tried three times earlier this week and it was over an hour on all three tries. I finally went to their web site, followed the prompts for reporting issues and found that to be quicker. They acknowledged my email the same day and I had results today. Good luck @LisaRN.

Honored Contributor

I think a lot of the problem is with UPS, which seems to be over-whelmed.  I've seen a steady deterioration of their service in the past couple of years.  Things get sadly misdirected, taking days longer than they should, they get stuck in distribution centers for days, they get mutilated and/or destroyed.

Usually my garment orders go from West Chester to Hodgkins, Il., to Albuquerque, but I'm now enjoying watching one that left Hodgkins to do a tour of all the smaller towns in the midwest.  Today it's in Oklahoma City.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@LisaRN wrote:

@BalletBabe How do I figure that out? The USPS was the shiipper all the orders. This order is stuck in Greensboro NC, a previous one in Columbia SC, and lastly the earlier order somewhere in GA. Nothing is consistant other than being lost. 

@LisaRN.  The vast majority of QVC orders are shipped by UPS until it reaches the destination city.  It then is transferred to the USPS for delivery or may be delivered by UPS.  All of my online order from other companies are being shipped the same way, including those sent from Amazon.  My postal carrier delivered a 40lb bag of dog food from Amazon today.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@LisaRN

The "convenience" in QVC is gone.  Often the quality(Q) is missing and value (V) is not always there.   Perhaps they should change the name of the company. 

Honored Contributor

I would take the tracking numbers to USPS and ask them to check on them.  They will have more detail.

Esteemed Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

@LisaRN wrote:

I have been a customer with QVC for 20+ years with no signficant issue. As of late, 3 orders I have placed were "LOST" in shipping. I called CS (who was not very friendly) and was told my current purchase is 4 hours away and has been there for 3 days.  Anyone other than me see an issue with this? I was also told nothing could be done for another 3 days. My family lives out of state and I have planned on doing gift shopping with them but how can I trust my orders will be delivered in a timely fashion. I have been shopping with the "world's biggest online retailer" for years and have NEVER had an issue. Guess I am heading there for my Christmas shopping. Thanks for listening and Happy Thanksgiving. 

@LisaRN   If you know who the shipper is, or the PO that is doing this, you need to call them.  Once it leaves QVC it is out of their hands. If it is at a PO call their 800 number and file a complaint.  I had to do that once and I have had excellent service since.  Do not call your main PO  Call the 800 number.  Good Luck.

@BalletBabe

May I remind you ,it is still QVC's responsibility,to get the item to you ,since you bought it from QVC!

@MalteseMomma   It is but it isn't.   QVC has to wait for so many days go by before they do can do anything.   I have always called the carrier.   A few years ago, I had  about like 3 things.   They delivered it my neighbors.  I called ups and said need to figure out where you left it.  I had over $100.00 out.  They sent the driver back and went their house and they gave him the package.   Sometimes it isn't QVC's fault , so I try to resolve the problem faster. 

Honored Contributor

If its lost in shipping how could this be QVCs fault?  You need to contact the shipper.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Re: Please allow me to vent

[ Edited ]

@LisaRN wrote:

Some retailers who ship by parcel post (who are too cheap to use 1st class or better mailing) have third parties that move mail from one place to another rather than it going all the way via USPS - for both shipments to customers and returns.  This is why packages sit for so long at some locations.  Until that third party picks it up and moves it to the next location, there is little one can do about it.  I think it stinks but it's how some retailers save money on parcel post/standard shipping.