Honored Contributor

Re: Please....Valerie's Hosts

@Spurt wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

@kelsey17 wrote:

@Krimpette wrote:

I'd like them to try out some of the other hosts to be with Valerie.  One might be Gabrielle.  Maybe Mary?  Anyone who would let Valerie do most of the talking.  Seems like we've missed a lot of her tips of late, due to host interruptions.  (And I'm not singling out any host, since I don't recall which hosts have been on with her of late.)

Yes..i agree.....Gabrielle & Mary are both two great hosts who let the vendor explain the products and are a pleasure to watch..................

Katie would be good in this role as well, IMO.

Two hosts l would NOT like to see with Valerie are Kirsten and Courtney.

Courtney was a disaster with Halston the other day....she got really silly and giggly....I had to turn it off.....and Kerstin is not a favorite either! Woman Frustrated

Regardless of which vendor is paired with Courtney, the presentations inevitably turn into a giggle-fest that becomes unwatchable, IMO.  Woman Surprised

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@pattypeep,  I remember Albany being very good at interrupting.  There are a few others that do it too.  Yes, I agree, I would like to hear what Valerie has to say.  It is so rude to interrupt someone when they are speaking.  The hosts usually get frantic because they want to tell you the colors.  it's funny to me.  Now if the vendor goes on and on and on, then, yes, interrupt but it's usually not the case.   Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@pattypeep

I totally agree with you about who they pair with Valerie.....Valerie's January Show was a disaster and I had to leave the room and work on something else JRT went into one of her history of her family, her house, her daughter's, her daughter's apartment.....and we didnt get to hear any of Valerie's tips or decorating ideas......And Jill takes over the show when paired with Valerie, I want to hear Valerie's decorating ideas, not Jill...............

I think Valerie is paired best with Carolyn, Mary Beth, Jane Brown, Leah, and I wouldn't mind seeing Gabrielle or Mary with her either.....

I so agree with you! I do like Jane, but I can't stand her taking over with stories about her sister, mother & daughters.  I want to hear Valerie and her ideas.  I love MB & Jane Brown with her. 

Frequent Contributor

Mary DeAngelis is one of my favorite hosts. I also like a newer host who is on the overnight shifts. Katie McGee,  She's low key but not boring. Don't mind Jill because I think she knows more about the products than other hosts because she goes with Valerie to the vendors showrooms and helps design things. No Jane, Shawn, Courtney or Amy!

Frequent Contributor

It is disheartening to have hosts interrupt and talk over Valerie. Most of her products need little more than a description because viewers who like Val have ordered before and know what to expect.

Esteemed Contributor

@Flamom  I don't mind Jill on her own shows, but she seriously takes over Valeries' shows.

Good Sunday!

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein

I'm watching Valerie on my tv right now and I think the very same thing with almost every show.  She is delightful to listen to, the detail in which she describes her products, and gives ideas for decorating.  Yet invariably she is paired with a host who constantly interrupts and reduces her to a spectator in her own show! Nice to hear that others think this too.

Regular Contributor

@pattypeep I agree. Valerie should be paired with certain hosts all the time. I love when she is with Mary late at night. I like Mary she is very easy going. I like Rachel. I could even see Dan Hughes somehow paired with her. Carolyn is annoying and always talks as if only the elderly watch the Q. Mary Beth seems to talk too much and Jill talks over Valerie and is rude. Jane panders too much. I wouldn't even mind Dan Wheeler go the home decor route. No Shawn ever or Kirsten. Neither of those look like they decorate and look bored.

Esteemed Contributor

I like Jill when she is on alone.  She is a fountain of info and keeps her shows moving.  But, don't put her on w/Valerie.  Jill can handle her own and so can Valerie.  I have seen Pat w/Valerie and they mesh very well.  Really like Pat.

Don't like Carolyn......she says uh huh too much when the vendor is talking and don't put Rachel w/Valerie!

Don't get me wrong...I really like Jill.......just not w/Valerie.

Honored Contributor

@Patriot3 wrote:

I like Jill when she is on alone.  She is a fountain of info and keeps her shows moving.  But, don't put her on w/Valerie.  Jill can handle her own and so can Valerie.  I have seen Pat w/Valerie and they mesh very well.  Really like Pat.

Don't like Carolyn......she says uh huh too much when the vendor is talking and don't put Rachel w/Valerie!

Don't get me wrong...I really like Jill.......just not w/Valerie.

@Patriot3

Oh yes, I forgot about Pat.....she is very good with Valerie, and a very good host in general.......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”