Esteemed Contributor

Re: Please....Valerie's Hosts

[ Edited ]

@seaBreeze It is this "Hard Sell" approach that has me hardly tuning into QVC anymore, I find it annoying when I cannot get the information on the products, or the "Hard Sell" about why everyone should sign up for a Q card, I understand their reasoning behind it, but I for one just find it BORING, and way too annoying, JMO.

Esteemed Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

I'd like them to try out some of the other hosts to be with Valerie.  One might be Gabrielle.  Maybe Mary?  Anyone who would let Valerie do most of the talking.  Seems like we've missed a lot of her tips of late, due to host interruptions.  (And I'm not singling out any host, since I don't recall which hosts have been on with her of late.

--------------------------

I really like Gabrielle.  Last week, I happen to see Gabrielle with Dennis!!  It was at night and I was up, so I watched.  It was such a pleasure!  Gabrielle worked so well with Dennis.  She kept him toned down and on track.  There was no silly stuff/playing around as there is when Dennis is on with some of the other hosts!  I actually heard important info about the products!!

Honored Contributor

@kelsey17 wrote:

@Krimpette wrote:

I'd like them to try out some of the other hosts to be with Valerie.  One might be Gabrielle.  Maybe Mary?  Anyone who would let Valerie do most of the talking.  Seems like we've missed a lot of her tips of late, due to host interruptions.  (And I'm not singling out any host, since I don't recall which hosts have been on with her of late.)

Yes..i agree.....Gabrielle & Mary are both two great hosts who let the vendor explain the products and are a pleasure to watch..................

Katie would be good in this role as well, IMO.

Two hosts l would NOT like to see with Valerie are Kirsten and Courtney.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Valued Contributor

This applies to any host.When someone is with you representing their product,I am interested in what that person can tell me about the product.I am not interested in how many the host has at home or what she did last night.This is a shopping channel and I watch to shop!!

Honored Contributor

@seaBreeze wrote:

QVC has a "meter" that measures call volume .... apparently, their push for a hard sell tactic makes this meter rise.... Valerie is soft spoken and perhaps these other hosts want to interject to give the show more energy--that's all I can think of why any host would interrupt constantly which is disheartening for the viewer.

@seaBreeze

Quite a few complained on the Holiday topic that they turned off the show because the host was so manic and turned every item into a family miniseries.....animated-smileys-rolleyes-10.gif

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@corita wrote:

@Krimpette wrote:

I'd like them to try out some of the other hosts to be with Valerie.  One might be Gabrielle.  Maybe Mary?  Anyone who would let Valerie do most of the talking.  Seems like we've missed a lot of her tips of late, due to host interruptions.  (And I'm not singling out any host, since I don't recall which hosts have been on with her of late.

--------------------------

I really like Gabrielle.  Last week, I happen to see Gabrielle with Dennis!!  It was at night and I was up, so I watched.  It was such a pleasure!  Gabrielle worked so well with Dennis.  She kept him toned down and on track.  There was no silly stuff/playing around as there is when Dennis is on with some of the other hosts!  I actually heard important info about the products!!

@corita

I have enjoyed Gabrielle too.....she is very pleasant when paired with Jim Shore she lets him speak and tell his stories on what inspired his figurines.....and when she interjects its a good point about the product,not going on and on and on about her personal life!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@pattypeep

I totally agree with you about who they pair with Valerie.....Valerie's January Show was a disaster and I had to leave the room and work on something else JRT went into one of her history of her family, her house, her daughter's, her daughter's apartment.....and we didnt get to hear any of Valerie's tips or decorating ideas......And Jill takes over the show when paired with Valerie, I want to hear Valerie's decorating ideas, not Jill...............

I think Valerie is paired best with Carolyn, Mary Beth, Jane Brown, Leah, and I wouldn't mind seeing Gabrielle or Mary with her either.....

Respected Contributor

When the hosts and Valerie brainstorm on air and they actually come up with new ideas on the spot it's part of the fun. But when the personal stories start to be the focus instead of the product, it does the show a disservice. It's not that I object to mentioning how the product is enjoyed by family, it's the agonizing, mundane details that get my eyes rolling. I really don't care how a 16 year old decorates her space or if a sister has 5 sets of spheres to celebrate Thursday, and yes, I know green is nice for St Paddy's Day. Sometimes it's just too much of too much!

Esteemed Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

@kelsey17 wrote:

@Krimpette wrote:

I'd like them to try out some of the other hosts to be with Valerie.  One might be Gabrielle.  Maybe Mary?  Anyone who would let Valerie do most of the talking.  Seems like we've missed a lot of her tips of late, due to host interruptions.  (And I'm not singling out any host, since I don't recall which hosts have been on with her of late.)

Yes..i agree.....Gabrielle & Mary are both two great hosts who let the vendor explain the products and are a pleasure to watch..................

You can add Rachel to that NOT list.

Honored Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

@kelsey17 wrote:

@Krimpette wrote:

Courtney was a disaster with Halston the other day....she got really silly and giggly....I had to turn it off.....and Kerstin is not a favorite either! Woman Frustrated