Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Please....Valerie's Hosts

[ Edited ]

@wendyen wrote:

I'm watching Valerie on my tv right now and I think the very same thing with almost every show.  She is delightful to listen to, the detail in which she describes her products, and gives ideas for decorating.  Yet invariably she is paired with a host who constantly interrupts and reduces her to a spectator in her own show! Nice to hear that others think this too.

I cringe sometimes at the way hosts, some more than others, try to re-think the placement of the items around the set.  A little playing is fun but I would think that it would quickly become irritating and frustrating.  The team worked hard and had everything in its proper place for the cameras.  In my opinion, rearranging things never improves the look, and usually looks odd. 

Honored Contributor

@wendyen wrote:

I'm watching Valerie on my tv right now and I think the very same thing with almost every show.  She is delightful to listen to, the detail in which she describes her products, and gives ideas for decorating.  Yet invariably she is paired with a host who constantly interrupts and reduces her to a spectator in her own show! Nice to hear that others think this too.

@wendyen

Very well stated......yes.it appears that some of the hosts that Valerie is paired with turn it into a "come uppance contest" (how can I outdo Valerie's decorating).....it's almost comical.....Woman LOL

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Occasional Contributor

Frankly I prefer ANY of the hosts to Valerie.  She is just "too, too sugary sweet" and that may be just the way she speaks but it seems to me to be a big put on.  Obviously, NOT a fan of hers.